“Robert Mugabe…so…white people are upset with Robert Mugabe, I mean what the hell does he think he is doing, this whole stealing of land thing it was our idea!”…comedian at the king size comedy show
Top of the morning to y’all sports fans, here I am chillin in the fairest cape, with my boys Mbumbu and Dave, and all I can think of is writing to u all….aint u just the luckiest things? Enuff of the shaite, whats been going on gangsters? Oh wait u guys don’t respond much ? been slack lately, hope u guys appreciate that writing week after week is quite taxing cos I wanna try write interesting and relavant stuff.
Was speaking to a friend of mine Jacob the other day and he gave me the idea of Iraq as a topic…
Iraq has weapons of mass destruction so they claim, let us send in the UN weapons inspectors or we will bomb u, the US says, ok send them Iraq answers…Hans Blix (I think that was the man’s name) and his crew find sweet fcuk all except a few empty canisters that once upon a time could have contained weapons of mass destruction.. UN weapons inspectors gives Iraq the all clear. But the states is still adamant that there are weapons there, Iraq denies this…the States still decides to bomb them, because there are weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.
First bomb drops, second….three hundredth drops, first city falls, second city falls…. Saddam falls, statue of Saddam falls and wha-la there are the weapons of mass destruction that many peoples children went to fight for! NOT…but hey the world seems happy because the mad man Saddam is now captured.
Well that’s the US’ story and they are sticking to it. In my mind that whole second gulf war, was merely an invasion under the guise of a search for weapons of mass destruction, and in my mind that is just as bad as Iraq invading Kuwait or the Serbs and the Croatian situation and the war Mongols in George Bush and his cronies must be held accountable, because I see them as no better than Slobadan Millosovich or Saddam himself!!
Fair enuff they can argue that they saved Iraqis from oppressive rule, but my argument is you cant impose democracy on others, actually lets take it one step backwards, you cant impose your way of thinking onto other people, just because you are a powerful nation, imagine if an Islamic or Jewish state had to invade us now because they do not like our so called democratic ways, how would that go down? But do we condemn this no, the worlds governing body, does it condemn this nope, the UN just sits in the corner seemingly oblivious to the US’s bully boy antics. Then again what can they do? Once again raising the question, what is the function of the UN?? Is there still a need for the UN, they say don’t bomb, but America bombs none-the-less.
Then we have the situation with the POW’s… assaulting the prisoners, subjecting them to indecent acts. Rulers of the free world indeed! But then again would the outrage have been so great had the roles been reversed, i.e. had it been Iraqi soldiers manhandling US prisoners of war, would our attitudes be “oh well what else do u expect? After all they are Iraqis…” Is this the right attitude? But then again I don’t think the Iraqis would be dumb enough to leave any photographic evidence of their mistreatment of POW’s, unless they wanted the world to know…like the beheading for instance.
I heard a statement this morning that all Muslims are potential terrorists, is this a fair statement? I see you nodding your head there, well how would you feel if I said all whites are racists or all blacks are cool…I mean hijackers, or all coloureds are thugs? Clearly my take is its not a fair comment, but unfortunately it’s the perpetrators of such deeds that gives the whole group a bad name.
Very fragmented email, but if you have any thoughts on this topic you wish to forward, please feel free to.
Birthdays…
27th Monica
29th Lauren and Delia
31st Nana Yaa and Andre
2nd Mame Ekua
6th Helen
Quote
You cant control what happens to you but you can control your attitude towards what happens. And in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you.
U all be good now see, and if any of you have any friends in America that I would know, could you please forward me their details.
Outta here, maximum respect, peace, love and hair grease!!
Y
Tuesday, June 01, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Whose morality is it anyway?
The world and people have become even more fascinating for an inquisitive soul like mine. Let's start with a simple question that most...
-
The world and people have become even more fascinating for an inquisitive soul like mine. Let's start with a simple question that most...
-
So he is a little story to tell. But to begin I need to provide a little context. First off, I am a man of faith, I am either physically a...
No comments:
Post a Comment