Top of the morning to you all…
Mailing is growing, before you know it, Google will be paying me millions for my list, new addition to the list Miss Teri, welcome to our world. For any comments or suggestions please visit www.mondaymail.blogspot.com. Alternatively if this bores you please don’t hesitate to drop me a line and I will oblige.
How apt, as I was typing this weeks email the song playing in the background was “Whats Beef” by Notorious BIG, and all I can say is how apt!! Because I had plenty of beef this weekend!! Definitely got my welcome back to Jozi party this weekend! So its Friday nite, I have time to kill before I head off to make 2 trips to the airport (luckily it ended up being just one, could well have been none to be honest). So I am killing time in Sandton, I was with some mates in News Café in Fredman Drive. But my stomach wasn’t agreeing with me, so decided to call it a nite and head off home. Hobbling off home (hobbling cos I have finally accepted the fact that I am not as young as I once was and have decided to call it a life when it comes to touch rugby, this last injury I guess is the straw that broke the camels back). So hobbling off to my car, I saw a mate of mine, Mandeya, parked on the side of the road. So I hop towards him to say whatsup. On my way to him I see cops hovering, because there are no real criminals left in Joburg. In my head I thought to myself these a ss holes are going to give me k a k, but decided to give them the benefit of the doubt.
I call out to my bra, he acknowledges, these cops pull up behind him and this f rig in halfwit motherf*** po*s… shouts at me “HEY” now I haven’t done anything wrong, and my name is not HEY so I pay him no attention, walking in itself is a mission now I must stop and entertain stupidity, so I hobble a few metres. Then he shouts again “HEY cant u hear us, stop we want to search you” then I blow my fuse, I don’t recall using any swear words, likely but I doubt I did, “I retorted, boss what have I done, search me for what? Do u have a warrant to search me” oh Lord, then this idiot went off, I am swearing at an officer, resisting arrest, no where in this process had that fool even asked me for my id, which I had in my hand waiting for him. U know these cops always roll in 2’s there is a sane one and a forkin nincompoop! So anyway they search me and find nothing. At this point my tummy is not feeling too hot on the one hand then have a fool to deal with. Anyway somewhere in between the commotion, another mate Thabo Hermanus pitched up.
The guy was such a fool that he was rambling on about illiteracy, using it all out of context, it was pretty funny cos at one stage he and his small self was trying to manhandle me gave him a look and he stepped back and grabbed his gun and started rambling on about in this country he is the law and this is not my country where the people are lawless and I must have respect for the police. I tried to ask the fool what I was being arrested for and he says he is going to take me to the station to teach me a lesson blah blah.
Anyway they put me in the back of the van, so not a pleasant place to be. No windows, no ventilation, a man was hyperventilating, I tried to knock on the van for them to open no such luck, tried calling Mandeya and Thabo, neither were answering their fones. Problem…Stomach poked, knee poked, cant breathe, maybe spending the weekend in jail cos I am a foreign black in SA, its tight G! Anyway I still had my fone, who to call?? Aha, Isabel Goodman, an Advocate who was in the area. Called her, as luck would have it and ofcourse how the creator would like it, she was literally 10m away. I said to her like a girl, “Help please, I cant breathe, please ask them to just open the door while they are talking”. Anyway Mandeya and Thabo asked her to step aside whilst they tried to rationalize with this f u cking co ck sucker! Anyway to cut a long story short, after a few minutes they let me out the back. I had to appologise what for still beats me, but hey it was either that or spend the weekend in jail and miss out on what ended up being a pretty ripper weekend.
3 things came out of this weekend, thank goodness I know so many good people, Thabo, Mandeya and Isabel (who even had Imodium for me) if you guys weren’t there I would have been someones bia tch for the weekend, we cant have that.
Second thing Xenophobia is still so friggin rife in this place its insane. Not once was I stopped in Cape Town, not once! But alas…Anyway I built a bridge and got over it (the experience that is) but what I cant understand is why such idiots are allowed to live for one and secondly someone has thought it wise to give this man a gun??!!
Third thing, cops can do anything and get away with it. What can one do, afterall the chief of police has a dark cloud hanging over his head?
It aint easy!!
More pleasant things. Off to Cape Town from Wednesday till Friday then out of town for Saturday and back to Jozi on Sunday. Would be very cool to catch up with if not all most of you that can make the time.
Other than that all is peachy. This weeks birthdays.
21st Chris ‘De Coning’ and Roy
24th Karabo K
25th Anna
27th Ingo
Maximum respect to the masses. Aluta Continua
Y
Monday, January 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Whose morality is it anyway?
The world and people have become even more fascinating for an inquisitive soul like mine. Let's start with a simple question that most...
-
The world and people have become even more fascinating for an inquisitive soul like mine. Let's start with a simple question that most...
-
So he is a little story to tell. But to begin I need to provide a little context. First off, I am a man of faith, I am either physically a...
No comments:
Post a Comment