Thursday, March 15, 2007

U know this weekend I kinda realized what really matters in this life, and you know nothing really matters at all, it only matters if you make it, but before I proceed, let me get the formalities out of the way, D, Bron, Adi, Nezaam and Cheryl welcome to our little community. For comments or the older blogs posted, please visit www.mondaymail.blogspot.com else just drop me a line. Furthermore, should you start to feel as if these blogs are a waste of ur precious inbox space kindly drop me a line and I will remove u from this list.

Anyway, so this weekend I was out at a game farm with some mates, thanks again Al! So we get there and this place is super styling, no electricity (everything ran off gas) and no cellphone reception, except at one small corner of a dining room table. Bliss!! The house overlooks a drinking hole and at around 6pm a wide range of buck and zebra came to have a drink, round about the same time the next day same thing…Anyway on this farm lived David and his wife, they came in everyday to clean up after us (yes very colonial) but they were so content, they just seemed quite chuffed with life. They had a nice 3 bed house, a company car (donkeys pulling a cart) life seemed so simple and they just seemed content…but anyway 8 of us went the 7 other people that were there were actually very cool people, had personalities, pretty good looking, and from the 3 days looked like they had good souls (there was this one who scared me tho, too feisty and bossy...) so what did all these people have in common…other than being mates with Al…they were all single.

I got to rapping in Afrikaans to these 2 plaas (farm) meisies (ladies) that came along with us about life and all. They were just so real, very refreshing and they were telling me about how they had just stepped out of relationships and that there are no real good men left nowadays. And it got me thinking to this conversation I was having the other day with Zarif and for some reason the conversation arrives at ‘there are plenty good guys still single’, I laugh and I say boss, been thinking the exact same thing over the last few years. A few days later I go for drinks with my recently separated bra Al and guess what he says exactly the same thing, that in order to get into the pound seat you have to be a prick. It gets me thinking even more…my younger bros and older sisters have to be 4 of the studliest humans around (and not cos they are related to me), well brought up, good natured, rippers and hot (but I guess they had to they are related to me after all ;-)), then there is Michael, Zarif, Dakes, Al, Morule, Zahir, Meaty…let me stop now before it looks like I wrote a whole list of people and forgot some one’s name, some of the best people on this earth, genuine good guys with good souls and tons of respect for their fellow man and particularly the fairer sex, ofcourse none of these boys are angels, and there are those times that the ‘molester’ and other alter egos come out to feed, but on a whole if I had a daughter I would let my daughter date any of these gentlemen (other than Dakes ;-)). All ambitious and successful/soon to be successful, but what do they all have in common, yip that’s right…still single? The question I have is WHY? Is it them is it the ladies? I doubt anyone has an answer

A few days later some of my former colleagues are here and for some reason the conversation leads to my former boss Dave making a comment that his daughter and some of her mates are complaining that there are no good guys left, all the guys wanna do is just get it on with every girl that’s willing.
Guys are saying there are no good girls, girls are saying all guys are dogs, it’s a mess in’it?! He said…she said…But why is it like this? I don’t have the answers but I guess I have some ideas:

Some might say people have become a whole lot more fussy but I guess that’s a good thing in a way, but then is that fussiness realistic or aiming too high? But then again who are u to say whether someone is aiming too high or not, that’s what its all about isn’t it…”aim for the stars and you might reach the sky” there is also a converse to that which is “when aiming for the sky don’t forget the flowers at your feet” (thanks Celeste, just joined and already contributing, nice). I don’t believe in settling, cos at the end of the day, u may well end up unhappy and whatever/whoever u settled for will feel the brunt of your unhappiness. But in saying this though, is TV and the Media as well as society as a whole playing a huge part in moulding what we aim for?

From the perspective of the boys cos I is a boy… Most of the boys will argue this to be the case… Ladies of today have different priorities, the majority are out hunting for that bad boy they can tame and then get rid of...The consensus at the moment is that if you are a real pr ick to the ladies the longer they stay interested…whats the saying, “treat them mean to keep em keen”. Disclaimer: This is a gross generalization, I know!

Also on the priority side, gone are the days of looking to get married at 24 and starting a family, hell no, now its all about my own house, taking care of business, career, man…children…they can mos wait. Good thing… bad thing…its just a thing…we must just learn to deal I guess. Priorities have definitely changed, society has changed. Good thing bad thing…it’s a thing. What are your thoughts?

Then there is another favorite, there is definitely something better around the corner, I guess this dovetails well with point 1, we are always on the lookout for something better, always comparing what we have to what we perceive others to have which seems soooo much better than what we have. Never being content. Never being satisfied that this is as good as it gets.

You know from where I sit, I believe that nowadays, we are all very set in our ways (once again a generalization) we are all rather hard ar ssed, and tend to take the stand…its my way or…well my way! Compro…what?! That word doesn’t exist in most of our vocabulary. I watched this movie the Break up a few months ago and I couldn’t help but chuckle. We come so different (guys and girls) and that to me is the beautiful thing here…it’s a beautiful thing, a sometimes painful thing but I would have it nooooo other way. The average guy is chuffed with chillin on the couch on Saturday with a remote in his hand, the boys around and watching sport, if they are not, well then I guess they are gay, which is not a bad thing at all J (more single gals for the boys….every cloud I tell u….). To make a woman happy, depending on the day, just attention boss, wash the dishes, flowers, arb stuff like that. And I said arb stuff for a reason cos I is a guy and that’s my point of reference. COMPROMISE…let me watch telly, be messy, and I’ll wash the dishes sometimes…

It’s a beautiful thing, it’s a beautiful thing! Remember, the script was written above, your role is just to act it out on this earth (well that’s my story and I’m sticking to it).

I must be off now, this email has taken me weeks to get it into some shape or form so hope it was a good read, if not oh well…

The weekend is upon us, well almost hope u all have a blissful weekend.

Birthdays
11th Bontle
15th Scot McP

That’s me for the week, as always Maximum Respect!

Y

No comments:

Whose morality is it anyway?

  The world and people have become even more fascinating for an inquisitive soul like mine. Let's start with a simple question that most...