“Chemistry was crazy from the get-go, Neither one of us knew why, We didn't build nothing overnight, Cuz a love like this takes some time, People swore it off as a phase
Said we can't see that, Now from top to bottom, They see that we did that (yes), It's so true that (yes), We've been through it (yes), We got real sh** (yes)
See baby we been...
Too strong for too long (and I can't be without you baby), And I'll be waiting up until you get home (cuz I can't sleep without you baby), Anybody who's ever loved, ya know just what I feel, Too hard to fake it, nothing can replace it, Call the radio if you just can't be without your baby”
Come on sing with me “heeeey oohhhhhh”…if u don’t know this song sorreee for u! But I am sure the rest of you were feeling me on this. Whats going on gangsters?
Let me tell u whats going on…3 weddings…2 garters in my possession. Me thinks the universe is trying to tell me something, I just don’t think its telling the same story to the ladies that seem to be crossing my path J. Before I continue, Mrs Big Fun u looked absolutely radiant on your wedding day miss, and that smile…
Big Daddy Degs, nice work boss, 4 kg super stud outside centre…with hands ;-)
Before I proceed though big up to DJ, welcome to our little community hope u guys enjoy it, to read some of the older ones or to drop of comments go to www.mondaymail.blogspot.com
Once again… and it seems to be happening rather frequently nowadays, but I had nothing to write and then I received a newsletter from my medical aid which stated that the 8th May was Red Cross appreciation day or something to that effect. That got me thinking, Red Cross, its like a hospital but hmm, but what is it, what does it symbolize, stand for how was it started. So here is some of what I read
In 1859 whilst on his way to France to have a chat to Napoleon III, the then emperor of France, about the difficulties he was facing whilst trying to do business in Algeria (French colony at the time) Swiss Businessman Henry Dunant, witnessed the Battle of Solferino on June 24th (a battle he would later write a book about). Within a day there were roughly 40000 soldiers either dead or incapacitated as a result of this battle and they lay in the battle fields with no one to tend to them. He abandoned the initial reason for his visit and took it upon himself to successfully mobilize a team to aid the wounded.
Shocked at the aftermath of battle, upon his return to Geneva, Switzerland, he and 4 others, Gustav Moynier (lawyer), Louis Appia (a physician), Theodore Maunoir (physician in the Geneva Hygiene and Health Commission) and Guillaume-Henri Dufour (a Swiss army general) founded the “Committee of Five”. This was done on the 9th Feb. 1863. This was the birth of the Red Cross.
It is symbolized by a red cross (the inverse of the Swiss flag) or a red crescent on a white backdrop. It is known to all internationally as a symbol of hope as well as an ease of suffering to all those who are victims of both man-made and natural disasters. “The movement” covers 2 institutions namely the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) and the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies. The Red Cross has over 97 mil workers (most if not all of whom are volunteers). The movement has its head office in Geneva and national societies in around 185 countries all over the world.
The 1st Geneva convention was held in 1864 where 12 states signed its 10 articles which offers protection to wounded soldiers and those caring for them. There were many dates of significance in the timeline of the movement, but nothing gave it more credibility and status than when in 1901, its founder Henry Dunant shared the first ever Nobel Peace prize with Frederic Passy, a leading international pacifist. The ICRC won the prize again in 1917, 1944, 1963.
World War 1 was the event that demonstrated to the world the need and the use of the movement. It cared for many POW’s and served as a database of sorts for people looking for loved ones. It was once again called upon in World War II
The movement is governed by 7 basic principles namely, Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary Service, Unity and Universality. These principles were adopted in a conference in Vienna in 1965.
Some of my research may be outdated but it was stated that there have been roughly 14 presidents, the current president (since 2001) is Don Juan Manuel Suarez Del Toro Rivero of Spain (I had to tell u this cos his name alone makes up one sentence J, one less sentence to write, oh wait the days of English comprehension are long gone, and I can write as long or as short as I please…)
This is a very brief overview of how it started and what it stands for if you are keen to read more, go to the following websites:
http://www.redcross.int/en/default.asp and
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Cross
Birthdays
6th Taz
7th Shakira
9th Dear Sis Nana
10th Adjoa
11th Dan H, Liezel
12th Dearest Moms
And I guess that’s me for another week. I must tell u though “to thine ownself be true”. To all u out there that are umming and ahing about a situation or a decision, I say Carpe Diem (seize the day), regret through inaction is a bia tch!
Big love and maximum respect!
Y
‘que sera sera’
Friday, May 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Whose morality is it anyway?
The world and people have become even more fascinating for an inquisitive soul like mine. Let's start with a simple question that most...
-
The world and people have become even more fascinating for an inquisitive soul like mine. Let's start with a simple question that most...
-
So he is a little story to tell. But to begin I need to provide a little context. First off, I am a man of faith, I am either physically a...
No comments:
Post a Comment