An absolutely splendid week thus far, but as with most things it could change at anytime, but ey that’s life. So why has this week been so splendid. Well absolutely no reason at all, it’s been just another week full of ups and downs like any other. But the thing is..its been another week! J
Some very freaky things have happened to me this week. I was going thru my phone earlier this week and I saw a name Zweli, and I was like sheesh I wonder what became of this bro? And true as Bob Mugabe, who drops me a line today, yip u guessed it. Last week I was thinking about this girl that was in my class in standard 4, haven’t heard or seen her since and that’s many moons ago. This morning I get a message from her on facebook, now that’s madness. But wait there’s more, on Tuesday my mate Sasha invites me over for Tuesday nite dinner, thanks Sash u r a saint, good food, good times good people. I meet this girl there and guess what, her name is Thashnee, I grinned, her birthday is exactly the same day as Miss Govender’s, she had just come out of a relationship with a black guy about 7 mths or so ago I laughed…hard, anyway we are having dinner tonight I will let u know how it goes. I TOTALLY JOKE about the dinner, she needs to work much harder…u know how we do?! J
Speaking of Tuesday, it was one of my more interesting days in a while. Sash organized a dinner with all sorts of people there and it was an absolute ripper having discussions around the dinner table, the discussions covered a whole lot of things such as rugby and why the World Cup is the pinnacle of all tournaments. My opinion is that the cup is huge, but its one game that can make or break u. I’d rather win every single game every time I step onto the field or the track, than use the excuse ‘I am building for the world cup’ for my poor performance (even though I am sure every team or sports person treasures the Olympic gold and world cup more than most others), but that’s a conversation for another time. The conversation floated around and then it ended up on the fact that a lot of us ‘youngsters’ are so jaded, girls don’t trust guys cos guys lie and are full of kaa ak and girls will get hurt, guys saying that girls are getting skanky blah blah.
But before I carry on, welcome to Robyn, Michelle, Marc and Mel. If you don’t want to be on this list permanently, please holler and I will remove you. If you want to read any of the older ones or have any comments, please visit www.mondaymail.blogspot.com
Oh wait another ripper reason why this week has been such a wikkid one thus far is on tues eve, when I got home it was snowing and I drew my curtains and stared out the window like a dufus and started typing this week’s email, it wasn’t that well structured so re-jigged it J, and then there was the announcement that they found oil in Ghana, ordinarily it would be a great thing but not in this case…enter all the bad elements. I fear the worst, but once again I am quietly optimistic…that’s my new expression now, I am smiling on the inside, but poker face on the outside.
This email I guess is a bit more of the same and the reason for this is that more and more of my peers are falling into the same thought pattern. I can’t get hurt, I can’t fail, I can’t lose, I don’t want to put myself out there. Sheesh live a little people! Failure, loss, hurt…all words that are defined, which means they have been experienced by others before you and will be experienced by many more after you…that’s life. Just as u may have been hurt, you will hurt, just as you have won, you can lose, just as you have passed/succeeded, you can fail…that’s life! Its not a pleasant feeling by any means, but it teaches you so much. It’s in times of adversity that you learn the most about you, people, life.
But Yaw, I don’t like to lose, fail or get hurt, well then don’t take chances, don’t live, get into a cage and just exist. The word living is a verb, which requires action (thanks Mike ;-)). To truly live you have to push the boundaries a bit, step out of your comfort zone a little, take a few risks (not risks like shagging without a dome, cos that’s just plain stupid). You have to put yourself out there. Yes there is a huge chance that you will fail, lose or get hurt, but THAT’S LIFE! I was having a chat with a friend of mine the other day and this topic came up and he told me of a time in his college years maaaaaaaaaany years ago (sorry Mike I had to sneak that in) where he and his girlfriend at the time helped out at an old age home. They got to conversing with the old folks and the topic of if you could go back and do it over again what would be different and the gist of the responses was generally the same, spent more time with my young ones instead of at the office etc, taken more chances instead of doing more of the same… I would have lived a little more.
A big problem a lot of us have is we aren’t exactly happy with who we are, and that’s the beginning of a lot of our issues. We seek approval from others and I know I have said this many times before, but the observation never ceases. I don’t have the most brilliant life ever, but I wouldn’t want to live anyone else’s life…ok Maybe Dan Carter’s or Lewis Hamiltons, Tiger Woods, 50 cent, Brad Pitt, damnit why couldn’t I have been them. Wait cos you are you Yaw! You will never be Dan Carter, the sooner you realize that the happier you will be with your own life. You have been given your own personality, use it! I am me damnit and I am going to be the best me I can be! Do I believe all this ‘shaite’ I am spewing forth? Dam n right I do, what are the alternatives, always wishing for another life? Different circumstances? Nah boss, work with the hand you have been dealt, it’s the best correction only hand you have currently, if you don’t like it, don’t just sit in the corner and look for pity, hell no, get off ur a ss and start putting steps into place to get u where u want to be…note I said where u want to be not where other people want u to be!
I was watching e-tv news the other day and there was a guy who is the co-author of a book called the secret. The book is apparently about how your thoughts define your life. I am very inclined to believe that to a degree. I really believe that if you think it you live it and its really that simple. The sooner you realize your worth or ability the sooner you will attract/find those that share your thoughts about how much you are worth. The sooner you will achieve your full potential. It also helps you realize who the energy thieves in your life are. If someone is adding no real value to your life, they just make you feel horrible as a human being, It really is that simple!
It all starts with your mind. Think the life you want to live. And live it, don’t watch it happen!
Birthdays
24th Gretchen
26th Kemi
27th Sean Rule/Tebs the stud
29th Simone Ledger
That’s me out for another week
Maximum respect as always
Yaw
‘que sera sera’
Friday, June 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Whose morality is it anyway?
The world and people have become even more fascinating for an inquisitive soul like mine. Let's start with a simple question that most...
-
The world and people have become even more fascinating for an inquisitive soul like mine. Let's start with a simple question that most...
-
So he is a little story to tell. But to begin I need to provide a little context. First off, I am a man of faith, I am either physically a...
No comments:
Post a Comment