Thursday, October 04, 2007

“Nobody said it was easy, Oh its such a shame for us to part, Nobody said it was easy, No one ever said that it would be this hard, Oh take me back to the start
I was just guessing at numbers and figures, Pulling your puzzles apart
Questions of science, science and progress, Do not speak as loud as my heart
Tell me you love me, come back and haunt me, Oh and I rush to the start
Running in circles, chasing our tails, Coming back as we are” Coldplay

Yet another addition to the mailing list. Teboho, welcome bro. If you have any suggestions or comments please mail me or go to www.mondaymail.blogspot.com. We hope you enjoy your time with us.

I woke up early this morning with a great intention of going to gym, but the rain she was falling hard, and I took it as a sign to stay in bed and start my weekly email instead. Don’t u feel loved, huh?

NE waaaay, what’s news? Other than getting caned 8-2 at pool last nite, I can’t really complain much. Other than that I’ve never been better and if I have, well I can’t rememberJ. Oh wait I lie, I have ISSUES, no man, its not the ex AGAINNNNN, much love for her still, which is no secret J, but thanks to my shrink we are almost there, and they say money can’t buy you happiness?! I am thinking of leaving therapy now so ladies CALL ME or tell ur friends to call me I need healing…yes yes yes I got jokes! Tsk tsk

Ok so as I said I got ISSSSSUESS!! We don’t have too much time so I will just mention one or two of them. Guys I am sooo scared, this weekend my team (the All Blacks) come up against the French in the quarters and if they are successful they come up against either the Aussies or the English (preferably the English) then against the beefy Boks! Eish I don’t know…

Okay, on a more serious note though, for those of us who don’t live in SA, there is a story floating about that the PSL (Premier Soccer League) bosses organized a fat commission payment for arranging a sponsorship deal and TV rights for the PSL. Well done to them for being smart enough to see a gap here, but there are bigger fundamentals that I disagree with. The amounts that are being banded around are R200mil worth of commissions between 5 of them. The PSL clubs don’t pay their players too well unless I am mistaken. They provide the entertainment that keeps the masses interested, filling up the stadiums, glued in front of their TV sets. I believe the players and the game will be better served if the proposed bonuses are paid to the players as tournament bonuses etc. or to upgrade training facilities at certain clubs, or set up academies to show the strikers how to shoot J or whatever! The Iron Duke and co have made plenty cash and are making soo much more.

Next issue for the week…. I am really bothered by the amount of beggars on the roads at the moment. I don’t think there is one intersection that I pass where there isn’t at least one blind person, a woman with a kid, a person with an alleged deformity (and I say this with caution) etc. Clearly they keep coming back because there is a market for them at these intersections. Yesterday my bro and I noticed how many people actually give money to the beggars. That’s all good and well but are we, who give money actually making a difference or making the situation worse? I am all for helping out the less fortunate, but is this the right method? Last I heard there are roughly 4.5mil taxpayers in this country. Lets say 1% of them follow the practice of giving money to beggars every day and donate R1. That would be R45 000 a day. Over a 22 day a month period that would all add up to R990 000 A MONTH! I am sure there is something very constructive, in the vein of job creation, building houses, something sustainable that can be dome with that kind of ammo! I suppose its all good and well to talk about these things, but action now there’s something that would make a difference! Any ideas?

That’s me for another week. I hope u all have a great weekend. If you are in Jozi and need your car washed please come to QBar on William Nicol road on Saturday between 8-12 where a whole bunch of us, guys and gals will be washing cars to raise some funds for charity. The charity in this instance will be the Lonely Road Foundation. A charity set up to help orphaned and vulnerable children

Birthdays…
4th Liam
That’s all I have, if I have not got your birthday this week oops but hope you had/have a great day.

Before I go, I heard this clip a while ago and again earlier today honestly brought a tear to my eye…hope your firewalls doesn’t block it. It’s a perfect example of not judging a book by its cover! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oxTy7KIAaA, its absolutely beautiful!

Ey, head up, chest out, whatever it is, honestly it will pass!! Oh and before I forget, and I nearly did, I am not in therapy although many people think I should consider it.

Big love and maximum respect

Y
‘que sera sera’

No comments:

Whose morality is it anyway?

  The world and people have become even more fascinating for an inquisitive soul like mine. Let's start with a simple question that most...