Tuesday, May 13, 2008

“…I was waiting, For the day you'd come around.

I was chasing, And nothing was all I found.

From the moment you came into my life, You showed me what's right.

And it feels like tonight. I can't believe I'm broken inside.

Can't you see that there's nothing that I wanna do, But try to make it up to you?

And it feels like tonight…” Daughtry

Just another one of those songs floating in my head, and u know me, I’m not a selfish guy so had to share it with u all J.

Cold mornings and nights and absolutely stunning days, gotta love Joburg winters! Another week closer to wherever you are going J I hope its treating you well at least. Before I continue a big welcome to the lovely Miss Stuart, welcome to our ‘weekly’ chat sessions, where I generally do all the talking and once in a while I hear a whimper from yonder J hope you find this useful. If you want to read some of the older blogs or send any feedback on an article written or ways to improve this blog kindly go to www.mondaymail.blogspot.com

The last blog I wrote seemed to have ruffled a few tail feathers and that’s what I like, we need to address the topics that make us boil under the collar sometimes. It’s the way I live my life, rather out than in think of it as if it were a burp or some other form of gas…so crass, I apologise if I offended you, not cos I wrote it, but cos u were offended J. Moving swiftly along…after my last email, I received an email from Aimee, asking me to look into this Rev Wright, Barack Obama link. I watch a lot of news, and other than the situation in Zim which I think is an absolute abomination, not to mention the fact that it hugely tarnishes the image of our African leaders. Some might argue that if Morgan takes control of the country, it will lead to ‘colonisation’ all over again, the west will come and pillage the land BUT will the people of the land benefit or be better off than they currently are. In my ignorant or potentially ill-informed opinion the people cant be any worse off. And please let me qualify that statement. I have never stepped foot in Zim but plan to soon hint hint Mandeya…Dakes J. But from my understanding through people that come from Zim and those that have been there recently, the situation is dire. Which is very unfortunate for a country that not so long ago had an exchange almost double that of ours here in SA, a country with so many educated people and a wealth of natural resources…farm land, tobacco, platinum.

Sorry I digressed, back to ‘America Votes’ over the past few months I and I guess the rest of the world have had an opportunity to have a look at the candidates to be the leader of the ‘free world’ as they proudly term it. As the elections draw nearer, I and I am sure many a level minded person will agree that Barack Obama is more than likely the better of the three in terms of leading the US. The US cant carry on as it is. The Bush administration has brought the US economy to its knees, which is affecting the rest of the world as we have noticed. McCain is 70odd, with respect he should be cooling his heels in some retirement village, from the way he speaks one can see he is a rather self important capitalist, once again I don’t know the man, but its my opinion based on what I have seen and heard. He will be more of the same of the Bush administration, but he seems smarter than Bush is. Senator Clinton, I really think she is just fake, the same way I think Oprah is. I think a woman president would do wonders for the States and the States image and relations with the rest of the world, but I don’t think its this woman J. Besides, the world is tired of a bush or Clinton in power, I know I am.

Barack Obama will he be good for the world and America, I think so! He seems an even tempered man. A man with some intellect. A man who appreciates capitalism yet also has empathy for the man on the street. He just seems a genuine all round, stand up kinda guy. That being said is that the kind of person required to be in charge at the white house? Some might argue that a stronger personality is needed, but I think he has it when he needs it. He commands respect without being arrogant and telling the world how great he is. He calls a spade a spade. As you can tell I am impressed by the man.

BUT there are many detractors who aren’t. They are trying everything. Many are using links to his pastor Rev. Jeremiah Wright, to cast doubts over his ability to rule. The old adage of instill fear, and let them do what you want them to. I read a lot of what Rev. Wright is quoted as saying. Much of what I read was not the full sermon and thus could easily be taken out of context. That being said, I don’t think there is anything in what he said that was a fabrication. I will highlight some of the things I read here:

"The government gives them the drugs, builds bigger prisons, passes a three-strike law and then wants us to sing 'God Bless America.' No, no, no, God damn America, that's in the Bible for killing innocent people, God damn America for treating our citizens as less than human. God damn America for as long as she acts like she is God and she is supreme." He said this in a 2003 sermon, because of this, people are painting both he and Sen Obama as unpatriotic

"We bombed Hiroshima, we bombed Nagasaki, and we nuked far more than the thousands in New York and the Pentagon, and we never batted an eye,"…” We have supported state terrorism against the Palestinians and black South Africans, and now we are indignant because the stuff we have done overseas is now brought right back to our own front yards. America's chickens are coming home to roost," this may have been insensitive, because he said it at a service the Sunday straight after the 11 September attacks. I watched a movie/documentary last week called the house of Saud, it tells the story of how Saudi Arabia was formed and how the US screwed them and the Arab League and reneged on many promises and assurances it gave them. In a way, after watching that, well let me steal a line from Chris Rock, I’m not saying that the ‘Arabs’ should have done it, but I understand.

Furthermore and this may be a tad simplistic, but if my pops believes that blue is the best colour in the world, does that mean that I think blue is the best colour ever? Not necessarily

Anyway to cut a long story short, I would really like to see Sen Obama being sworn in as the next US president, but for some reason I don’t see it, I just hope he doesn’t get assassinated or something…God forbid!

Birthdays

11th DPH, Shireen, Liezel and Happy mothers day to all the mothers

12th My dear moms

13th Gillie and Mel

15th June and Sanette

17th Fiona and Carl and Chris’ big day may ur union be truly blessed!!

And on that note I sign off for another week, hope you are all blessed and stay blessed.

Maximum respect

Y

No comments:

Whose morality is it anyway?

  The world and people have become even more fascinating for an inquisitive soul like mine. Let's start with a simple question that most...