When the day that lies ahead of me, Seems impossible to face
When someone else instead of me, Always seems to know the way – Lovely day (Bill Withers)
New addition…welcome Sturae, hope u find this useful and possibly even remotely interesting, if you don’t holler at me…
Sometimes I think back at most of the emails I send out and some people must think I am just a big happy ball of fun or someone who is caught up in his own BS world that everything is all good and well, well lets just say sometimes I am because I strongly believe you are what you think. But let me tell you about a month I have had. I like to share my thoughts and my experiences with everyone not because I think I know it all but I hope that there is someone out there that may have a similar or opposing thought to mine and would like to impart that with me and others, because once again that’s what I believe life is about…you definitely cant do it on your own. So please do endulge me or not
Anyway, a not so happy story…if I take a step back and think about it, as I did at the end of last week, this past month was a pretty rough month for me, mind you it did have some pretty great ups, but on a whole it was pretty rough… well relatively, because then again I think a whole lot of people would not mind having some of my problems. This new work setup is pretty good for me. I feel like we are really achieving something, definitely developing a new skill and repertoire of abilities, but its not always easy, but then again how many worthwhile things in this life come easy?
As I was saying…last month was a pretty rough one for me in that we had set a target for the company for the year and mind you we are only 5 months into the year but I am bitterly close to achieving it, which has a good many spin offs in that I can take some time out and chilax for a bit, something I haven’t really done in going on 2 yrs, but all of a sudden, no one wants to see me, I have min meetings, I am clueless as to how we are going to reach this target and it was grating my cheese, it still is but not so much anymore
Then to make matters worse, one of my clients whose revenue makes up a substantial amount of our revenue this year has not paid us and they weren’t giving us any feedback regarding what was wrong, all this because the person I was dealing with signed the order form, we started the campaign and she decided to hang up her boots and moved on.
And to top it all off I have lost the little ok minuscule game that I had boys and girls, it’s a mess. Ok well one particular little miss sunshine…I ‘found’ this lass I was really digging (and that’s as rare as finding coconuts in Antartica), but eish had to hang up my boots there too cos that door was on lock down…for me, boss and no matter how much airtime I gave her boss Rapunzel was not letting down her hair boss, and I know some of you are thinking why didn’t I just use the key, bra, the key was not for this vault ek se…
And to top it off even more I am just tired…
I could go on but I think you get the picture and I was/am pretty tired…It wasn’t all doom and gloom though I had a pretty great Tri Nations campaign which took me to CT for a few days, got hammered with some of the All Blacks and if you really know me you will know that there aren’t too many things that excite me bar an All Black haka followed by a test match. That being said tho, my soul wasn’t really at ease it was like there was just something not right.
This week is the beginning of the holy month of Ramadan for my Muslim bras, I decided for this month just like for Lent I am going to try and give something to those less fortunate that I. I generally intend to do it but never really do it cos it takes an effort and I am pretty goal driven I struggle to do things nje (just), so at least this gives me some purpose.
I started this on Monday, and I am not doing it for anything but for my own selfish reason because it really and truly pleases me, early in the morning or late at night or mid afternoon and give a loaf of bread to someone I think needs it, and honestly I am NO ANGEL, I truly started feeling like I was in a better place already. So much so that on Wednesday a mate who was in a place not too dissimilar from where I was heading and I had quite a good discourse (I really had a need to use that word) about it.
Its actually quite funny cos a week ago I was sitting in the office with some of my colleagues and they were talking about the 5 languages of love, I had never in my life had any notion of it whatsoever but for those that are as in the dark as I was they 5 languages are quality time, words of affirmation, touch, giving and acts of service. And I dig giving stuff and doing stuff for peeps…I digress but somehow thought it was relevant…
Anyhoo…I think it’s all about finding your happy place no matter how small it may seem to the world. Yesterday I managed to get a meeting with the top dog of the client who wasn’t getting back to me regarding the campaign invoice and earlier today he told me that the invoices were processed. I still don’t know how I am going to fill up my pipeline nor did lovely miss sunshine’s vault open, but alas as the saying goes you cant have it all, so I take what I get and be grateful for it, it’s the beauty of it all isn’t it?
Something I want to share with you all on Wednesday I went to a seminar and the speaker was talking about brands and building your own personal brand, his whole message was what you want people to say about you when you are dead, which I thought was pretty random because at the risk of arrogance, what do I care what people say when I am gone? I will be dead…I think its more important for how you interact with people whilst you are still on this earth and are able to make a difference. There are 6 P’s to follow and they are:
• Purpose – there has to be a goal in mind in respect of who you want to be and how you want the world to see you
• Passion – you need to be passionate about everything you do touch etc, if you are not feeling work, a relationship, living conditions etc. it will reflect in how you conduct or portray yourself to others
• Planning - most if not all successful ventures, events etc, require a carefully thought out plan and process that needs to be followed
• People – you honestly cant do it on your own
• Play - don’t take yourself too/so seriously
• Persevere – you will fail its how life is, up until varsity I had never failed anything before but I got taught there, it wasn’t nice then but ey oh I survived. Hmm maybe I should give that vault one more try ;-)…I joke
Birthdays
02 Gavin Bye
03 JC and Rob W
05 Riba
06 Talita
All the best for the wedding ahead John R, much happiness bro, Junie, nice work on the engagement, what took so long ;-)? And to my Muslim bros and sissies…Ramadan Mubarak!
An eventful weekend to you all!! I need sleep, I am way too old for this phuza Thursday stuff
And that’s a wrap folks
Y
Que sera sera
Friday, September 05, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Whose morality is it anyway?
The world and people have become even more fascinating for an inquisitive soul like mine. Let's start with a simple question that most...
-
The world and people have become even more fascinating for an inquisitive soul like mine. Let's start with a simple question that most...
-
So he is a little story to tell. But to begin I need to provide a little context. First off, I am a man of faith, I am either physically a...
No comments:
Post a Comment