“You worry bout the wrong things, the wrong things; You worry bout the wrong things, the wrong things.. Anyway, they don't know you like I do (They don't know); They'll never know you (Never know); Anyway, they don't know you like I do (Never know); They'll never know you.” Kanye West (Anyway)
How rude of me last week I added 4 people to this list and i forgot to give them an intro. Marika, Leah, Celeste and Clement, welcome to our little community that happens almost every week. To leave comments read some of the older ones please go to www.mondaymail.blogspot.com or drop me an email.
A couple of issues that have been floating around in my head which I hope you guys can set me straight on, if my thinking is warped or let me know if you share my sentiments. The biggest news at the moment is this invasion of Gaza by Israel. I know we touched on it briefly last week, but its still bugging me particularly the analogy people are using of people causing harm to my house or something like that. I think it’s a load of BS if you ask me.
Let’s analyse that analogy for a moment and try and link it closely to the situation with Israel. A guy breaks into my house hurts one of my children who unfortunately passes on from the injuries sustained. I didn’t get a good look at the perpetrator of this heinous atrocity, but i have it on good authority that he is somewhere along Rivonia Road anywhere between Rivonia and Rosebank (I could have said Alex, but hey I need to break the stereotype). I know some heavies with some heavy artillery...and i know more or less where they are, so here is an idea, lets go bomb and shoot the hell out of the area between Rivonia and Rosebank, more or less where i think they are. Cos in the end the ends justifies the means!!!
I know its an oversimplification of what is actually going on, and let me start by saying, once again I don’t believe in what Hamas, Hezbollah, Hitler, the KKK or the old apartheid government did right here, all in the name of religion but what i find even more disgusting is the remorseless, ‘un-condoned’ killing of scores of women and children. As I hinted last week, all this will do is unify the Arab world against Israel and whala, this week Bin Laden has come out and declared a Jihad on Israel, from where I sit I am not sure how many sympathetic people there will be for the Israelites. Anyway... this brings me to another point...
The whole world is going moggy over the goings on in Gaza and rightfully so, but ey what about Zim, 2000 dead from Choleara, what about Sudan, plenty thousands dead from senseless killings, Rwanda, DRC, hell even back here in SA, with the crime. I don’t see, read or hear about people protesting in Piccadilly Circus for their liberation or for some international intervention. Hell no, is it because it is such a recurring phenomenon on this continent or is it because people just select who to be sympathetic towards or does the picture the media paints for us assist in helping us decide what or who to feel more strongly for???
The next thought floating through this abyss i call my mind is this whole US motor industry bailout. All good and well they want to save jobs etc. but so these people all stay in their jobs and build all fancy cars etc. I am not sure if it’s just me who is thinking this but...and then what?? Isn’t the world in like a recession? New car sales (in South Africa) have been at their lowest point in long time. Point no one is buying cars. So then what are these people going to be making cars for? Yes fair enough the platinum industry relies on them, the steel industry, oil, currency, leather, plastics, labour, hell most of worlds commodities relies on it. But in my mind it maketh no sense. They will be made and then sit in the factory for more to be made...but then again i don’t know the intricacies of the bailout plan...Funniest thing i read was the porn industry requesting a bailout.
Yep i have much time for my mind to wander...speaking of wandering I want to share a very personal experience i had a little over a week ago. I wasn’t going to say anything to anyone because if someone told me the same thing i’d look at them and say OKKKKK...and roll my eyes when they look away, but here goes. A few days ago my mate Lebo came to visit and i was letting him out of the gate on my way back to my house I do what I do quite regularly, which is look up at the skies and just smile, nod and say thanks for this existence we call life, this existence which for some reason has treated me rather well in my 32 well 33 yrs. But this nite was different. It was a beautiful overcast night with clouds aplenty. The moon was as bright in the sky as street lamps are on the road. Just then something told me to look to the right of where my gaze initially was. The oddest thing happened to me. In the clouds i saw the face of a man smiling...pretty hectic, I wasnt sure I was going loko or just seeing things so i looked away and then up again and it was still there. My gaze was kept for about 5 minutes, kind of like in a trance. Weirdest thing I tell you!! Initially I was a tad concerned thinking a bolt of lightning would come crashing down on me (overactive imagination...the joys of being a middle child), but within a few seconds i was overcome by calmness. I have no explanation, it could have just been a vision in the clouds but the whole chain of events was rather surreal yet peaceful for me. How is this for ironic, I am writing this email and I am watching the latest season of Heroes, and Nathan has just seen God . I have no explanation, it could have just been the cloud formation but whatever it was, the whole chain of events was rather surreal yet peaceful for me. Anyhooo...
Birthdays
11th Pops, Base
15th Dr Clarke
16th Ann-Louise, Yatin
Much respect to you all and hope you all have a weekend being happy being you
Y
Friday, January 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Whose morality is it anyway?
The world and people have become even more fascinating for an inquisitive soul like mine. Let's start with a simple question that most...
-
The world and people have become even more fascinating for an inquisitive soul like mine. Let's start with a simple question that most...
-
So he is a little story to tell. But to begin I need to provide a little context. First off, I am a man of faith, I am either physically a...
1 comment:
I once read somewhere, "a wise man speaks because he has something to say. A fool speaks because he has to say something"....
I only realised after i finished reading this blog, how appropriate your Kanye West quote was. (Which song did you get that from anyways).
Oh, by the way, Dani is my second name. Daniella actually. You know me as Meroeh Shaker. Anyways, it doesn't matter who i am.
So, i'm reading your blog and thinking "what the hell is this guys point?".
Yes, we all see what happens those many miles away. We all talk about it, superficially, whether for looking intellectual or just for the heck of it..."i don't know, i just work here".
And we all have these brilliant ideas. What a fucked up world we live in. We should not assume who our enemies are. and so on and so forth. i have noticed two broad categories of people in this world; the sheep and the sheapards. Or, the followers and the leaders, if you may. You, Yaw, seem to me to be a leader. Leader's are usually thinkers. Followers tend to be supporters and sympathisers. The world needs both.
Yes, all your thinking has a point; but "beware beware, lest you lead your followers astray..."
Many a time have we seen men with ideas, the leaders of this world, in what you quote as "Hamas, Hezbollah, Hitler, the KKK and the old apartheid government". They all had brilliant ideas. Not necessarily morally correct. Not necessarily open minded with their visions, but great ideas all the same. The biggest mistake they made was assume that they were anything more than just human. They tried to implement their great ideas, not knowing that, for the rest of the world, their ideas were great as they were....IDEAS.
Or lets go to your reference of the women and children that are killed. Or what with the economy and all. I don't think the question is whether or not you're worrying about the right thing, i think the question is, what the hell are you doing about it, other than leading people astray with your ideas?
No, i don't believe in censoring details, i don't believe in pulling the wool over our neighbours eyes. But i do believe that if a leader has no output, no planned goal, no thoroughly thought through end of means, and instead, leave his sheep to think for themselves, something that they are not equiped with doing, their sheep will ultimately get lost. Does that need a simplification? Ok, I tell my son "Here son, look at this, this is the key to heaven. It shall be bestowed upon you if you serve the cause of Allah." and my son looks at me and thinks, hell yeah, i definitely want to have that key and answers "how do i do that master?"....need i say more?
But anyways, the point i'm trying to make is, you have thought of all this, it's great. But what exactly are you doing about "making the world a better place" other than "leading people astray"?
Hey, i paid my dues. While you guys were playing popularity contests and boyfriend-girlfriend games, i was out every week-end with my family, off to the villiages around Umtata, feeding and giving money to hungry people. My father also created jobs for these people. But it seems like things never change from childhood to adulthood. Instead of how many boyfriends or girlfriends or how popular as a child, it's now how big our house is, or how many cars do i have.
You find it disgusting that women and children get killed halfway around the world. I am disgusted that a company (a company i worked for)gets paid by the NRA and Gautrans to repair bridges all over Gauteng. The cost of which came to a total of around 50 million Rand over a period of 18 months. Bridges under which homeless people slept under. We were spending 50 million rand to make our bridges look pretty, and the guy sleeping underneath it (and another 20 million like him) don't have food to fill their stomachs. I find it disgusting that there are people driving BMW"s and mercedes in a country that has more than 59% unemployment. Yes, South Africa. But so what if i am disgusted?
I find it disgusting that germans throw away food every year to the value of around 50 billion Euros...no, let me repeat that. EVERY YEAR, THE POPULATION OF GERMANYS THROW AWAY FOOD TO THE VALUE OF 50 BILLION EUROS...
What am i doing about it? Sitting in one of my apartments in Sandton? Or in my beach house in Cape Town? "oh what a shame the state south africa is in. What a shame about the world - i never get sick of this view of table mountain".
What are you doing about it other than sympathise and point fingers. The damn system. The damn capitalistic system. Why don't we kill another 6 million jews because our system is fucked. That's what Hitler did, isn't it? "It's the fault of the Semitics, this capitalistic system of ours". Or, why not kill 6 million muslims while we're at it, It really helped us the first time round with the jews...
Great fucking ideas.
fuck man, this is YOUR blog, not mine.
i'm outa here.
Post a Comment