Wednesday, July 06, 2011
Kids without marriage....
I’m sitting here looking out the window, all I see is brightness, blue skies, it looks like such a majestic day. Don’t be fooled its as cold as a woman rejecting a guy who is pestering her out there. But its pure bliss, I love me some cold.
Most Sundays I pull in at my folks, this Sunday was no different, I was having a chat to my pops about last weeks blog. You know what he said to me, Yaw, I see that nowadays you are becoming more radical in your views and that doesn’t suit your conservative profession. I thought it was just pure social commentary but if he thought that was radical, I think he will disown me after reading this weeks blog, I can see him sitting in a dark corner shaking his head saying oh dear Lord, where did I go wrong with this young man, I tried everything but look at these things he writes, whyyyyyyyy!!!! ☺
So anyway over the last few years yeah, I have been thinking about this more and more and I guess the more mind time I give it the more a reality it becomes but alas. It is what it is (iiwii). I have touched on it a few times. Ok so I am in my mid 30s and not once ever have I seen myself as Mr married guy. Perhaps it’s a function of not having found the one lass who makes me say hmm…wait correction perhaps it’s a function of not having found the lass who makes me say hmmm and is available in mind body and soul, cos you know these things neh…that being said, for the longest time, I have wanted the spawn of Yaw. A mini me that will wake me up at 2am screaming its lungs out, for what I will never know till they are about 2 when they can tell me what they want. A little mini me that will force me to find a way of earning regular income, bleed me dry of my available time, emotions and money. A young one to play around with. A young one that I’ll try pass on what my folks, friends and this world has taught me in the hope that they will become good citizens of the world. I say HOPE cos you can try your best with these young ones and they could turn out stooped. Ok so established I’d dig to have a kid.
Problem though is ideally (a few months ago it was a definite no no) I would prefer to raise a kid in an environment like the one I was raised in. Folks there most if not all the time….BUTTTTT this marriage situation she is a problem. A lot of my mates are married at the moment, some are as happy as Leisure Suit Larry, others are as bleak as a Stormers supporter over the past weekend. A good few are divorced, and the many others are cheating on their spouses in one way or another. If I had to be honest those that are content with their marriage situation are by far overshadowed by those who are bleak. It makes me think what is it all for. Yes granted you create your own situation, but my dear friends lets be honest, its not an environment where you operate in isolation, there is another person involved and in as much as you could have done all your due diligence things em change. My view on marriage is its for ever ever ever…but us people we are selfish, instant gratification peops. In the old days people used to stick with a job for example for 30-40 years, someone must tell you that they are in a job for 5 years nowadays, you clap your hands….after asking them if they are ok. The world has changed. Stats are there to show, more marriages are failing than succeeding. I am not passing commentary on whether its right or wrong, but it is what it is and it would be naïve to assume otherwise. Gone are the days of the guy being the dude, out there slogging to make the deniros to look after his family, hell no, world has changed so much that the lass has to go out and also earn a living just to make ends meet. So now there are 2 bosses, no one really needs the other to make it in the world. So you want blue walls, I want cream of mushroom walls…boom explosion you take me for granted, you don’t respect me, the love is gone, we are just co-existing in this house, I want out…boom divorce, because its OK!! NO its not OK, but you cant have a situation where just one party is putting in the effort to make something work cos I don’t care who you are, it wont!!! Shoot I sound cynical, but its not the intention at all, actually total opposite man. So enough about knocking marriage and back to my radical thought
So I’m in my mid 30s yeah, folks in their mid to late 60’s they would make such great grand parents particularly my moms, cos kids are her thing. I want a little one. So what is wrong with finding a lass (with decent genes ;)) that I am reasonably compatible with, because you have to get along, cos this is a lifelong journey. Unlike you ladies who can just tell the man to step, its not so easy for us boys. So find this lass who is also not on too hectically on this bright lights, fat piece of pressured coal on the finger, white dress, princess for a day, look at me now thing, cos if you know me, me im a simple soul, if you have come to my punch parties you’ll know mos, its not about trying to put on a show, music, good people, booze, and we have a good time…simple to the point and effective I think. Speaking of which I think a punch party is well overdue, watch this space. I digress, so I meet/rediscover this lass, we hang for a while see if we cool. Manufacture a little us, fun way or artificially. Both commit to making sure this little one is all good and well taken care of and and and. What happens between us is irrelevant well as long as we keep the young ones interest at heart then we will end well hopefully.
I have come to this softening of my stance regarding children out of wedlock because, I know kids who grew up with both parents and some of them are pretty poked, some are well balanced. Other side of the coin is true too, some kids from broken homes are pretty stable, whilst others are pretty poked too, so I am not sure what difference it makes as long as one or both of you are available and committed to the cause, the odds are the young one will be ok…no guarantees in this life.
So that’s my plan you think it will fly? I am open to commentary and suggestions and expressions of interest, no joke ey ;)
Easi now…
Birthdays
3rd Jenn
7th Mark Evans
8th Dinesh
Respect always
Y
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Whose morality is it anyway?
The world and people have become even more fascinating for an inquisitive soul like mine. Let's start with a simple question that most...
-
The world and people have become even more fascinating for an inquisitive soul like mine. Let's start with a simple question that most...
-
So he is a little story to tell. But to begin I need to provide a little context. First off, I am a man of faith, I am either physically a...
4 comments:
These lasses and their love for high pressured coal adorning their digits (then again...which woman isn't partial to big ole rock?).
Thanks for saving my Wednesday afternoon with this refreshing piece from a progress African male (rare species that you are).
Bravo, I look forward to visiting more often.
Vimbai, our family has a lot of progressive males, LOL!
Couz, I feel you on this one. Question is, how will you produce that little one? By surogacy?
Hi, me again.
I'm not sure how often you check your email but i sent you through an email regarding "article submission" for www.diasporandarlings.com.
Let me know :-)
@Kwaiks...no doubt he will find lots of females late 20's early 30's willing to assist...
Post a Comment