Silence. That is all I’m hearing and it is so deafening. He was planning some terrible things against American people and we got him. Hundreds and hundreds of Americas have died at his hands they claim. Etc. etc. that’s the only reason they have provided and the world accepts it. We don’t want to start a war we just want to prevent one. Can you imagine the uproar if a similar attack was ordered by a country of lesser means that took out a prominent leader whilst they were visiting another country?! Worse still, the reason that is given is that they were planning some really bad things against us so we got them. Can you imagine?!
For a few days I have been really grappling with this killing of the Iranian General. It is so easy to take sides in this situation it could be good happy days, one less killing machine in the middle east or alternatively it could be f**k 45 and his reckless action… in my mind both are valid, even if thought in the same mind!
Now I will definitely not claim that General Solemani was not the unsavoury character that he has been described as, but was he any worse than US central command generals such as Schwarzkopf, Mattis or even McKenzie? How any million civilians have died as a result of military operations or regime changes that have been orchestrated by these men? I unfortunately haven’t delved too deeply into the numbers but if we had to compare the death and destruction caused by Iran’s generals v those of the USA’s over the past 4 decades I think the body count might tell an interesting tale.
The strike happened on the 3rd January 2020, today is the 6th Jan 2020, not a single shred of evidence has been provided of this so called attack. Unlike Bin Laden and Al-Baghdadi, a narrative had been created, ‘evidence’ provided, so when they were provided an audience with their maker, it didn’t cause too much of a stir on the social media airwaves….but this one, this one is different me thinks.
For the past few years it seems as though this 45th US administration has been gunning for Iran. I say this because I have not read, nor seen anything to show that Iran had breached the nuclear deal that was struck by the previous administration which asked Iran to curtailment of nuclear advancement in exchange for relaxed sanctions. A situation which seemed to be working, unless my nosey mind was blindsided.
I look at 45 and many other western leaders like and before him, prance around preaching democracy and basically doing as they wish because they can and frankly because we let them. I know I have written such before, but we look at the ‘systems’ left in both Iraq and Libya for example are the people better off now than when the likes of Saddam and Gadhafi were in power?
45 and his war mongering ilk are no different from Saddam, Ayathollah’ Al-Baghdadi and Soleimani. Perhaps the reasons or ideologies they might employ to commit crimes against humanity to forward their selfish causes. Therein lies my concern…crimes against humanity, the average peace loving person.
As a lay person, this looks like a provocation on the part of the USA, provoke Iran into action which will give you a reason to unleash the devil on the poor people of Iran and the rest of the region who I believe just want to get on with ordinary life. Taking out the commander of their special forces come CIA was I guess a smart move because when you do unleash satan the resistance, if any will be weak at best. But and then what?!
I think Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan…what have your efforts left behind for the majority that I believe want to live a life of no conflict. You effect regime change but has ISIS, Al-qaeda etc. died? Nope, someone else has stepped in to take the role of the person you took out, kinda like a resigned US general right? If anything now there are new splinter organisations or leaders that you have to work hard to figure out. Here's an idea of what it could leave, it could leave a youth growing up with hate. Hate because they have seen their parent or sibling blown up by air strikes. Hate because they see their schools or hospitals decimated by automated drones. Hate because they wake up constantly on the run, hopping onto non-seaworthy boats in order to seek a better existence, only to be turned away.
Hate because they weren’t allowed to l(i)(o)ve.
1 comment:
We need to take a walk, I’m keen to explore how to motivate a global admonition 45, and encouragement for America to step up its game.
It’s not the blind patriot in me, but it is a recognition of the ideals we have failed to maintain as a country, and I do believe that if others reminders, we will more quickly snap into place. If we don’t do it soon, the sun will set on American influence, for better or worse.
Also we need to chat a little bit about Mattis, he’s easily misunderstood. He’s a gem of a human being, and I think I can convince you of that.
Post a Comment