“Why does Monday, come before Tuesday, Why do summers start in June Why do winters come too soon….
Why does Wednesday come after Tuesday, Why do flowers come in May Why springtime go away…
Tell me why, Tell me why…” 3T
Happy spring day to the masses out there, and to those in the Northern Hemisphere, sorry for u!! cos right here its gonna be a bright, btright, bright sunshiny day. 3 additions to the mailing list, Mandea, Priscilla and Lil bro Poks, if at anytime you feel this mail to be getting too much for you, please holler at me and I’ll take you off, Mandea, you are well aware of this function having previously exercised it J
I would sincerely like to thank all of you who responded to the last mail I sent, yes fair enuff it wasn’t deep etc. etc. but hey Rome wasn’t built in one day!
I find myself thinking a lot nowadays about very arbitrary things but things that form a significant part of our everyday living, hence why I started the mail with the extract from 3T’s song why… Some of theses questions definitely have answers, answers that I don’t have, but answers that I hope to have…for example:
This language that we write who came up with it and decided on the words like why is the background of this word document called white? How did it all begin was s/he just chillin one day and decided I’m bored let me come up with a new language.
How come there are so many different languages?
Why are there so many different religions?
Why are there so many different races mixed race people we can work out how they came about but the rest are soo far apart?
Why cant I understand what birds say, sing, chirp? Do birds understand each other? Same goes for all other animals…
Why do we have countries and different nationalities, why cant I just up and go wherever I feel like going on this earth if I can find the means to? Yeah yeah, capitalism, and the developed impracticality of having one big nation of the world, but why do we have to segregate people? How much strife would be alleviated then, or would there be?
Why does it look like the sky is blue (browny grey in Jo’burg) but in reality space is black I think (never been out to space) some argue that it’s because of the suns rays and the reflection/refraction of the colours of the spectrum, but the sun is still shines when you leave the earth’s atmosphere, but could it be that its power is just not as great?
Why does the sea look blue, when infact if u grab a test tube full of the water its relatively clear, is it a reflection of the sky? Or is the sky a reflection of the sea? Or neither…
Watching people dancing, is such a funny thing, sit back and watch people shaking what their mommas gave em in tune with a beat (well some), but this is fun…
It’s a fascinating thing this life thing and all its elements.
Speaking of life, I went to a little gathering yesterday. At this gathering, the co ordinator raises a random topic 4 guys who have never met before have to give their views on it. One of the topics raised is when are u alive, when do you start living. Some said when you become conscious and responsible for your actions. My thoughts on this matter is life begins from say when u r 3 or 4 yrs old, u know when you are conscious of your actions, when you are told not to do something and you do it anyway to get a reaction. Your actions, inactions and the reactions of your caretakers, assist in moulding you into the person you are now and the person you are to become in the future. Clapping your friends that come and visit you cos you are bored and in turn catching a fat one from the folks…that’s living.Climbing the louvers to get that puzzle that your mother said you shouldn’t touch, breaking all the louvers, hurting yourself and getting bliksemed thereafter, that’s living. Riding a skateboard down sissons street and catching a speed wobble and a huge wipe out and then trying to act all tough and hide your grazes and scars from your folks, cos they said don’t ride down that busy road, that’s living. Having mates that you go visit speak the utmost load of shaite about everything…that’s living. Having this one guy or girl on ur mind every day at school but not doing anything about it cos u think u know his/her opinion is of you, even though that doesn’t seem like its living, it is living. Getting full or half colours at school, getting to university or wherever else you get to and meeting new people, having fun, having conflicts, etc…yip that’s right that’s living. Getting a job, loving it then hating it, that’s living. Having a boy/girlfriend, loving him or her then drifting apart, that’s living. Buying a car styling initially, then it gets smashed, stolen, or just konks out…all living. Finding God as your parents or peers have directed you, or finding your own personal God as you have found them, finding something to believe in…that’s all living.
Ya I know its about enough now, but all I am trying to highlight here is there will be hard times there will be schweet times when everything just seems to be going your way. Enjoy all those moments, both good and bad, particularly the bad because through enjoying the bad times you realize how fortunate you are to ever experience the good times and that will also assist in appreciating the good times even more. Every experience in this life in my belief is all a step in the realization of self and as daft and as durr as the saying may be…’what doesn’t kill you can only make you stronger!’
A few quotes…
"To live is to suffer, but to survive, well, that's to find meaning in the suffering" –DMX
"We each walk the path/that we've chosen" –DMX
"I believe that everything that you do bad comes back to you. So everything that I do that's bad, I'm going to suffer from it. But in my mind, I believe what I'm doing is right. So I feel like I'm going to heaven" -2PAC
"All I want from you is what you are" - Paula Abdul
“First I'm gonna crawl, then I'm gonna walk Then I'm gonna stand, then I'm gonna talk But I gotta learn in order to teach Then I gotta burn in order to reach
…You gots to live life to the fullest …Everyday we live and learn, take it step-by-step
We create our own path until there's no life left” Extracts from DMX’s song
Birthdays
30th Aug Benjamin
Sometime in August Baba
2nd Sept Gavin
3rd Sept John C
4th Sept Alani
5th Sept Smangi
6th Sept Thalitha
10th Sept Leon
13th Sept Maud
14th Sept Kyle/ Will
15th Sept Kuhle
Note the extended list, just incase I don’t make next weeks mail, to the above mentioned and anyone else who I may not have mentioned, happy birthday to u all, hope u have blessed days and may your years ahead be all that you make it!!
Big love to Pete and Carla, who have decided to take their relationship to another level, very happy for you guys, after spending some time with you at the digs last year and in the states this year, you guys are definitely there, may it be a thrilling and fulfilling journey!!
Anyway I am out for now, comments so more than welcome, either to me to be forwarded to all or http://mondaymail.blogspot.com
Much peace, love and happiness to u all
Wednesday, September 01, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Whose morality is it anyway?
The world and people have become even more fascinating for an inquisitive soul like mine. Let's start with a simple question that most...
-
The world and people have become even more fascinating for an inquisitive soul like mine. Let's start with a simple question that most...
-
So he is a little story to tell. But to begin I need to provide a little context. First off, I am a man of faith, I am either physically a...
No comments:
Post a Comment