There's A Place In, Your Heart, And I Know That It Is Love, And This Place Could, Be Much, Brighter Than Tomorrow, And If You Really Try, You'll Find There's No Need, To Cry, In This Place You'll Feel, There's No Hurt Or Sorrow
There Are Ways, To Get There, If You Care Enough, For The Living, Make A Little Space, Make A Better Place...
Heal The World, Make It A Better Place, For You And For Me, And The Entire Human Race, There Are People Dying, If You Care Enough, For The LivingMake A Better Place, For You And For Me
If You Want To Know Why, There's A Love That, Cannot Lie, Love Is StrongIt Only Cares For, Joyful Giving, If We Try, We Shall See, In This Bliss, We Cannot Feel, Fear Or Dread, We Stop Existing And, Start Living
Then It Feels That Always, Love's Enough For, Us Growing, So Make A Better World, Make A Better World...
Heal The World, Make It A Better Place, For You And For Me, And The Entire Human Race, There Are People Dying, If You Care Enough, For The LivingMake A Better Place, For You And For Me – Michael Jackson
Compliments of the New Year to all of u my dear friends. 2005 is a big year for many of us, some just starting work, others getting married, moving in with loved ones, buying property, starting their own business ventures, moving towns/countries/jobs etc. I am well sure that it will all go according to plan, and if not, well u know how it goes then it wasn’t meant to be! So to all of you I say may 2005 be all u make it and then some! May we all put in the effort to stick to all our new years resolutions and attain all the goals we set for ourselves. I have done a lot of reflection in the past few weeks and I realised that last year was a huge year for me, I achieved much personally, but nothing really sticks out as much as the people I met, and the friends I made, I know I say this a lot, but its so real, I think my friends define me, perhaps its my character, but anyway all I is saying is my humble thanks for letting me be a part of your lives and you a part of mine… yeah I no…give us a tissue, but hey u no me I write what I feel…consequences are for later!
Speaking of which, I have 2 more lovely ladies to add to this list, firstly there is an absolutely stunning lass called Thashnee, who I have known for almost all her life and another lovely lass called Taya, who I met more recently. Ladies welcome to our little weekly community (sometimes more…or less :-)) where we talk about whatever. In the past this forum has been used to discuss things that I come up with, with some input from some of you people ofcourse, but this year I hope that changes and I get some more input from the masses. If u have any comments about anything written here, please respond to this mail or you could also visit the site where a lot of the other weekly mail has been posted. This site is www.mondaymail.blogspot.com
It was a clear beautiful day, well so the reports say, many people out of their rooms, scuba diving, going for walks along the beaches, some maybe just catching some rays, playing bat and ball whatever, when all of a sudden the sea water seems to get drawn back into the sea and in a matter of seconds all u can see in front of you is a 10 story high wall of water travelling at about 800km/h, what do u do?!! What can u do?! This is what many people had to endure in the aftermath of the quake that hit South East Asia recently. 2005 is definitely not going to be a pleasant year for millions of people, poor countries brought to their knees, families who had nothing to begin with, now have even less, old adage “the poor just get poorer”, irreplaceable lives and belongings all lost, did they have insurance…hell no, they can hardly afford bread, now you expect them to even contemplate spelling insurance? The little they had in terms of tourism revenues is going to take a long while to start flowing again. For those that survive, comes the aftermath, rebuilding homes, cleaning up the villages, starting anew without the loved one(s) that were swept away, foraging for sustenance. The risk of disease…oh the list goes on.
As we begin 2005, lets remember those in all those countries that were hit by this wave train. Lets learn the lessons that they are currently teaching the rest of the world…Fame, material wealth, all mean nothing at the end of the day, and we should always remember that to keep us grounded in our quests to be the ultimate us’. U never know what later today or tomorrow may bring so live each day as if its your last cos it may well be. That thing u wanted to say…say it, that thing u wanted to do…do it, pick up the phone call a mate, even to say Eita, could be the last time u hear their voice, make a difference to someones life, even if u don’t know them (hence y I used MJ’s song in the beginning) u never know when u might need a strangers help…yes death is our only certainty on this earth, but lets make our time alive count.
This is far from intended to be a sad and morbid email, but rather one to generate renewed life in us all, this run of the mill, ya ya whatever bullcrap must cease….”Carpe Diem” !!
I am yet to do my bit for the victims, it may not be much, but imagine if the 100’s of millions of people in this world that can do their little bit…
FYI a quick and dirty on Tsunami’s
The term Tsunami is of Japanese origin meaning Harbour (Tsu) Wave (Nami). They are also known as Tidal or Seismic sea waves. They are caused by disturbances in the ocean such as landslides, volcano’s, explosions, meteorites, and earthquakes. The difference between the normal waves we see on our beaches and a Tsunami is where a normal beach wave is about 150m long whilst a Tsunami can be like 100km long. Shallow water waves travel at a speed equal to the square root of the water depth * the acceleration of gravity (9.8m/s) (the pacific ocean is about 4000m deep…do the math). The rate at which a wave loses energy is inversely related to its wave length. What this means for Tsunamis, is not only do they Chuck at some silly speeds, but they also travel far with minimal energy loss (but losing nonetheless) until it reaches shallow waters.
So how does an earthquake, volcano or landslide cause a Tsunami, well when the floor bed is disrupted, consequently the waterbed above it will be displaced hence at a disequilibrium, but with the effects of gravity, the water will try and force equilibrium, so what this does is it just sends a ripple throughout the ocean and the pace depends on the magnitude of the disruption of the floorbed. So now as this wall of water leaves the deep ocean from whence it was created and approaches the shallow waters where many people are catching a tan (no negras, cos as u no nature has hooked us up for life ;-)), or just generally whiling out time, it approaches at a crazy speed, but as the water depth decreases so too does the speed, but then the height becomes something to contend with due to the shoaling effect (which is basically a grouping effect of the water body)…and as normal waves do…down the Tsunami crashes, washing away most things in its path…
- research from some website on the net
Birthdays:
1st Vanessa C
6th Ingrid
happy happy to u all!
And to steal a saying from my main man Tebs…Beeg love!!
Respect!
Y
Thursday, January 06, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Whose morality is it anyway?
The world and people have become even more fascinating for an inquisitive soul like mine. Let's start with a simple question that most...
-
The world and people have become even more fascinating for an inquisitive soul like mine. Let's start with a simple question that most...
-
So he is a little story to tell. But to begin I need to provide a little context. First off, I am a man of faith, I am either physically a...
No comments:
Post a Comment