Wednesday, April 13, 2005

I'll buy you diamond rings my friend, if it makes you feel alright I'll give you anything my friend, if it makes you feel alright I'll give you all I've got to give, if you say you love me too I don't care too much for money,cause money can't buy me love...... Buy me love (oh no)

Greetings my chomi’s.

Beautiful day in the Cape once again after the welcome rains of Sunday. Human beings, when it doesn’t rain we cry when it rains we cry, will we ever be happy?!

Before I go on, there are 2 additions to the mail, my pal Al and this major po es I work with called Simon. Guys welcome to the mailing list, for comments and remarks either respond to this email or go to www.mondaymail.blogspot.com I hope you enjoy your time with us, if not well oh well…

Last year sometime I wrote about synchronicity, and something like that happened today. U know I currently struggle to find topics to write about, maybe its cos I don’t really have that much time to research these topics at the moment, but neway. Last week I was in Jozi and I went to visit my friend Thabang on Saturday, whilst there we got engaged in a conversation. His girlfriend Lephoi brought up a topic which I think was pretty interesting. Now this morning, whilst getting ready for work, I logged onto Yfm and guess what they were talking about…yip u guessed it the same topic, if that isn’t a sign, well I have no clue what is!!

So what was this topic of conversation, u might be wondering…or not, well I’ll tell u anyway. U know now ladies are earning big cheese, and if you look at the BEE scorecard sisters will be making more ching soon, and I say big up to the sisters. The topic of discussion was the impact a woman who earns more than her man has on their relationship.

I would really like to hear your views on this one. My view is pretty simple. No issue. But that may well be because I am not in that situation. But as I sit here, the thought of me earning a couple of hundred sheets a year and my partner earning double that brings a smile to my face. Cos now instead of having a combined income of X we now have 3X (assuming she wasn’t working). Hell, all I see is a fat pad in Camps Bay or Sandhurst, holidays in the South of France, and if she says she is paying even better, I then have my money to be a boy with…Cayenne, PSII (maybe III at that time), Games room kitted out to the max.

The thinking is that as males we are brought up to believe that we must be the MAN, the provider, etc. But I honestly think that is putting huge pressure on us to live up to it and we start chasing the cheese and end up losing focus, now if I have a woman who is keen to be the Man, she wants to run the show, I think its all good, after all whats the diff anyway, its either me or her. But then u will be useless as a man, friends you are who u think u are, so if u think u are useless, then so u r! Guys we are always on the tip that we don’t know if women are with us for our cheese, well now u have a girl that u want to be with and she is with u even though she earns more than u, boy u on a good wicket!

The world aint what it used to be, we have guys using exfoliating cream and toners, going to masseurs, having a massage and u want to act all macho, bra’s please, it’s a new world order, we believe we are all equal, racism is a no no, so y not sexism?

Forgive me if I am just highlighting the upside of this situation, cos I honestly cant see a downside…help me out here.
Some women don’t think they will go out with a man who earns less than them. Some guys say they cant get together with a woman who earns more than them..I don’t understand that. Look at the upside, more ching in the combined income, but then she will boss me around and ask me to go and shop and cook and … u not getting me, upside…more ching…full time helper…to shop…to cook. But then she will be buying the house, and everything….upside…more of ur ching in the bank to be stooped with, buy a boat…a motor bike whatever. If in the end the relationship strains, lets not hope its because of the cash issue, well then u walk away and start again with another, cos clearly it wasn’t meant to be…
PROBLEMS ARE ONLY PROBLEMS IF WE MAKE THEM PROBLEMS!!!
I just don’t see a downside, I have much more to write but its late, have an early morning tomorrow, so I must be on my way. I am very keen to hear your take on this…more fire to the women, I need me a suga mommy, hurry up and make some big cash lass!!

Birthdays
13th Debbie…happy birthday sunshine, if its anyone elses birthday this week hope u had a great day

I am out maximum respect!
Y

No comments:

Whose morality is it anyway?

  The world and people have become even more fascinating for an inquisitive soul like mine. Let's start with a simple question that most...