Hey guys, another short week ahead of us, as much as they are lovely, next week will be a bit of a shock to the system when you have to do a full 5 day week…yuck!! But hey enjoy em whilst they are here is what I say. I hope u all had a well rested and had a great Easter weekend. Mine was pretty cool had some visitors from the land of the big smoke…Jozi, and I must say I was pretty touched that you all made an effort to come see me…Thashnee, Thabo, Bontle and Mandeya, Rachel and Lambert and Thabang and Lephoi, your efforts are hugely appreciated. It was also very cool to see all the other mates who were here for Pete and Carla’s wedding…a beautiful wedding one at that too! Very well played Pete and Carla, an eternity of happiness and memories awaits u 2.
So on Wednesday nite I head off to Sea Point in search of a mate from Jozi, I had no joy in finding her, so I headed off to my car, now for those of you who don’t know, Sea Point is a gay mecca, oh wait, Cape Town is a gay mecca, but that’s not my point. On my way to my car a truck load, ok a Polo Classic full of screaming queens pulls up next to me, make a kissing noise and start screaming, I in turn look at them giving them a half baked smile, jump into Betty and headed off home.
Anyway so I get a visitor on Saturday and I am relaying the story to her telling her how dirty I felt, but I didn’t really cos its kinda expected…I mean have u seen me?! Ok I joke…
Back to the story…so we get into a heated discussion about how just as I felt dirty, women have to indure this sort of behaviour all the time from us rude guys and how its disrespectful for guys, who are definitely in her class to assume that they can just whistle at her and expect her to answer favourably. We then went on to have a discussion about the proper manner in which to approach a lass etc.
Now please do forgive me if the email is slightly tainted to depict my point of view…but I guess that’s why I am writing it, but I will try and be as verbatim as I can. Please do note as well that any of you can respond either by replying or through www.mondaymail.blogspot.com
As a guy, I don’t think the intention is being disrespectful if out of the blue I see a lovely lass crossing the street and emotion overcomes me and I feel the need/urge to let her know that she has my temperature operating at boiling point. Lets look at the following scenarios..
Scenario 1
Bricklayer, mechanic, gardener…general blue collar worker going along his business with his boys, along walks a fine looking madam, nearly knocks the brother off his ladder. Her overwhelming beauty has him fixed, so much so that he erupts in flurry of compliments towards this young, fine lady. Are his intentions to be disrespectful, I doubt, are his intentions to let the lovely lady know his feelings I think so. Is he within his rights…debatable but I would say yes…nothing ventured nothing gained.
Scenario 2
Guy goes to a club, he notices this awesome creation, shakin what her momma gave her. Guy steps up to woman and says hi, I cant help myself, but that behind looks fantastic in those pair of pants.
Scenario 3
Othaguy walks into a club, notices a fine lass across the bar, he notices her beautifully radiant eyes that light the room when she smiles, Othaguy steps to lady and tells her just that.
If I am not mistaken out of the 3 the only one that would be acceptable to the lass is the last one. And to that I say bull sh it!
Lets break it down, Scenario 1. The man is taking a chance, fair enuff 1 out of say 1000 times he tries, he may get a favourable response, but I think he has to try 1000 times before he can get that 1 success. Why must he think that he is not in miss hotties league, if in his mind he has every chance to approach the lady. Well good luck to him. If she reckons she is too high and mighty not to entertain his vociferous advances, well that’s her prerogative.
Scenario 2. What did Guy notice, he noticed her fine behind shaking it on the dance floor. He didn’t notice her great personality, so that’s his first approach. Does he have to mask it, perhaps in his delivery, but to say I like your outfit or nice smile or whatever is a lie! He must just tune her straight nice bum (or something to that effect) cos that’s what he noticed
Scenario 3. Also gives you no chance of success, cos she may have heard it plenty times before, but this most people find to be more acceptable. And I think that’s bollocks. Who makes these damn rules that we are operating by? A bum…a smile…your eyes all physical traits. Some might argue that that an eye is less sexually orientated than a bum….errrr, I know this lass with the most beautiful green eyes ever, and I find them insanely sexy…Some might find the mouth to be sexy. All I say is we have to break the mould.
Lets add a bit of flavour to these scenarios, lets assume it was Denzel Washington or Brad Pitt, or any other guy that women find yummy, or even any other guy that you want attention from. Say they had to whistle as you walked across their path or shout, nice bum. You can not tell me that he will be labeled as rude…disrespectful etc. I am sure to the contrary you’d run back to your girls, high fives all around and you’d be wiping that dirt off your shoulder cos u’d be just too damn hot for your bad self.
To summarise, in my minds eye, I believe that every person has every right to approach any person any way that they deem suitable (I say this with qualification) but in saying this you should also know that the response you may receive may not be exactly the response you were hoping for
Let me know your views!
Birthdays
1st Carnita
2nd Gorata, Jenna
And if I missed your birthday, ooops, but please in order to not forget it in the future, don’t u wanna holler at me.
I was asked on Sunday why I actually send out these emails, and you know initially it was my way of being lazy and contacting all my friends in one shot, and now its become a commitment thing, which has been good for me, cos its one of the things I am working on…COMMITMENT, even though not too many people respond, many do tell me that they read it and enjoy reading them and also from time to time I do enjoy writing them. Ruffling a few feathers, u know…
Neway enuff rambling from me for one week. U all take it easi.
Maximum respect.
Y
Thursday, March 31, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Whose morality is it anyway?
The world and people have become even more fascinating for an inquisitive soul like mine. Let's start with a simple question that most...
-
The world and people have become even more fascinating for an inquisitive soul like mine. Let's start with a simple question that most...
-
So he is a little story to tell. But to begin I need to provide a little context. First off, I am a man of faith, I am either physically a...
No comments:
Post a Comment