What a day for a day dream?
Greetings sports fans, so game on this side of the world I tell u. Sun is shining, every one is smiling, work is stressful, yes you heard it correctly, yawza is stressed eric at work, but you know like most things in life, when you get a handle on it, you learn a great deal. It’s a horrible feeling I tell u, but ey what can u do.
Other than that life is just peachy…ish. Question, seeing as you all are pretty connected, do any of you know of anyone or any organization looking for a retired/retiring economist who’s spent most of his life in the macro economics and health management fields, if so lemme no.
Anyway even though I have plenty to say (as always…) this week I have just struggled to find the time, but I am reading this book called “until today” by Iyanla Vanzant. I only started reading it and so far there are 2 pages that I have read that I have found quite relevant. I think it may be copyright infringement and I appologise if it offends any of you guys, but I really had to share them with you…Fats thanks for typing them out for me.
Here they are…enjoy and I hope they are of some relevance in your lives.
PASSAGE 1
I will know love when I realize . . . people do not change
just because I want them to change!
If you are looking for a change in your mate and see no signs of its coming, stop looking! You are with whom you are with because you choose to be with them. Stop looking for something else and see the love in whom you are with.
If you are listening to hear something from your mate that you haven’t heard, stop listening! If you are waiting for a change, stop! You chose this person! You chose them because they opened your heart. You chose them precisely because of who they are and how they sounded. Stop checking to see if they are going to change because you may have changed. Stop waiting to see if they are going to change into what you knew they were not. See who this is. Hear what they say. Accept what they do as the truth of who they are and look for the love in them.
It is not loving to expect someone to change because you want them to or because you think they should. Love is consistent. Love allows us to see and hear the best of what we have right now. The love within us grows when we grow. It shifts as we shift. When how we love grows and shifts, love gives us the opportunity to choose again, whether or not our partner changes.
Very often when we change, our needs change. At this point, we can become very demanding of our mates. By asking your partner to change to your reality, you are asking that they ignore their own. Looking for, listening for, checking for or demanding change is not loving. It is controlling! The cure for this type of unloving control is simple. If who you have and what you have no longer meet your needs, choose again.
Until today, you may have been preoccupied with changes you need your mate to make. Just for today, look for and embrace the things you love about who your partner is right now.
Today I am devoted to putting aside my demands for
change and seeing the truth and love in who my partner is!
PASSAGE 2
I experience and express the power of trust because . . .
I know I have nothing to worry about.
Why worry? If you have learned anything by now it is that worry serves no purpose. Yet you do it any way. Why? You sit around frantic. You run around frazzled. You make yourself sick. You have all but pulled your hair out, and for what?
If your worrying could have made things better, you wouldn’t have anything to worry about. What would you do with all that free time? How about trusting that all the things you have been worrying about will not change for all the worry in the world. How about dropping all the worry and picking up a little trust. Oh, no! There you go worrying about whether or not you have enough trust to trust. Get a grip!
Until today, worry might have been your favourite pastime. Just for today, use your time to develop a bit more trust.
Today I am devoted to freeing myself from
the bondage of worry!
Birthdays
26th Tommie
28th John Kironde
29th Eve
1st Oct – Herman
“Time has no favourites…and it doesn’t become kinder to one over another…It just gives us back…what we put into it…” – Doug Firebaugh
“If you create from the heart nearly everything works, if from the head, almost nothing” – Marc Chagall
That’s me for this week, have a ripper weekend, big love and maximum respect.
Y
Thursday, September 29, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Whose morality is it anyway?
The world and people have become even more fascinating for an inquisitive soul like mine. Let's start with a simple question that most...
-
The world and people have become even more fascinating for an inquisitive soul like mine. Let's start with a simple question that most...
-
So he is a little story to tell. But to begin I need to provide a little context. First off, I am a man of faith, I am either physically a...
No comments:
Post a Comment