Wednesday, August 01, 2007

“Confusion that never stops, The closing walls and ticking clocks, gonna, Come back and take you home, I could not stop that you now know, singing.

Come out Come out upon my seas, the Cursed missed opportunities, Am I a part of the cure? Or am I part of the disease, singing…” – Clocks Coldplay

If you know the song you are probably singing along with it right now and if you don’t I hope you are like what the f***!! Cos that’s what I am saying! These words make absolutely no sense to me whatsoever, but I cant lie I love the song, hence y I am humming it at midnite!!

Anyway…I said what’s up my brethren. Another God given week plods along and I ask you are you where you want to be or are you at least putting in motion the plans to get there?? Or are you just plodding along like your week?? It’s definitely a question we need to ask ourselves every so often. All I will do is plant the seed you decide whether or not its worth your while to let it germinate or let it slide…your choice, just as long as you always remember that the life you live is a product of your choices!!

Another addition to the list, miss Matshego, heeeyyy and welcome. Any comments or suggestions please either mail me or go to www.mondaymail.blogspot.com

I feel like a proper chop! I said it before and I’ll say it again, it’s a full time job being black. Let me tell you a story that fills me with so much shame. I am just as wack as some of the stereotypes I preach against!! So yesterday, I am at the office, its well after 5 pm. I am sitting with the ladies we share office space with. All of a sudden without even a knock the door bursts open and in walks this young black man, followed by another with another lurking in the passage. The young man says nothing and just waltz’s over to the desk of one of the ladies, but with such confidence it could easily have been mistaken for hostility. After a bit of a miniature thought process effort, I sprung to my feet grabbed the bra by his arm and led me towards the door before he could do anything…do what exactly Yaw??!!

The poor guy was just a young man wondering whether we accepted CV’s for internships. My first thought was….DANGER. I could come up with a whole lot of excuses for my behaviour, there were a couple of guys wandering aimlessly around the building a few weeks ago…it’s a function of the current state of our society, blah blah fish paste, but I think it’s absolutely inexcusable!! Secondly, if I had taken the time to assess the situation properly, I would have seen that the other person who had come in with the guy was the security guard for our building, dressed in casual clothing. Eish!! I guess now I have zero reason to complain when the cops stop me and harass me cos they think I am an illegal immigrant!!

Anyway onto this weeks email. This weekend I managed to get my hands on the DVD the Secret (thanks Deen). I know there are a lot of people that think it’s the ‘antichrist’ but I don’t know to be honest. It’s at the least very thought provoking. I would suggest you watch it and take from it what you will. My belief is very simple. God can’t do everything for you, you have to learn to help yourself too and in a way this book/DVD, helps you get your head in a space where you can help yourself. I will steer clear of making this a religious debate, but I would suggest you read the book or watch the DVD and see if and how you can apply it to your life. The DVD doesn’t tell you anything particularly earth shattering, what it does do thou is reminds you of the really simple things which we all know and sometimes even do, but we just need to be reminded of it. But wait there’s more, what it does is it puts all these thoughts and activities into a structured format. Positive mind = positive life.

I definitely would recommend that you go and read the book or watch the DVD, particularly if you are in no man’s land in your thoughts and your life, even if you aren’t you will def learn a thing or two!

I tell you I couldn’t have watched it at a better time. Monday could possibly have turned out to be the biggest nightmare day in a loooong time for me, but with a coke and a smile and a bounce in my step I managed to get through it relatively unscathed, lets just say it involved dealing with public servants at the City of Joburg…but that in itself is a chapter altogether.

Anyway this week I don’t have a lot to say to you all and instead of waffling, I will just end off here and say hope you had a slamming week thus far and enjoy the rest of your week.

Birthdays
29th Sheya
30th Claudia, Will Lee, Eddie Marav

Maximum respect

Y

‘Que sera sera’

1 comment:

Susan said...

Hey Yaw -

Check out my take on The Secret: http://sueandthecity.blogspot.com/2007/06/secret.html

Lots of love dude!
xxx

Whose morality is it anyway?

  The world and people have become even more fascinating for an inquisitive soul like mine. Let's start with a simple question that most...