“There will be mountains that I will have to climb; And there will be battles that I will have to fight; But victory or defeat, it's up to me to decide; But how can I expect to win If I never try.
I just can't give up now; I've come too far from where I started from; Nobody told me the road would be easy; and I don't believe he brought me this far to leave me” – Mary Mary
As he lies in his bed chuckling at some of the hopeless contestants on Idols SA, well brave…but hopeless, filled with guilt because he missed last weeks email, with his cap in his hand he screams from the top of his lungs….”I say what’s up my N****S”
Top of the morning to you all, as I am sure you have realized I am running very thin on material for my weekly emails…and he chuckles even more cos some lass is squealing “its not right but its ok”…and she sucks…anyhow, thanks to Teboho for helping me with suggestions, very deep and interesting. If you guys have any suggestions please do drop me a line
I was watching Carte Blanche yesterday and I got very disturbed. Now you guys know there are very few people more positive about this country than I, but sheesh some of the lawlessness that the Carte Blanche team reported has me very disturbed. There was a story done on gangsters who steal cars, spin cars on the roads illegally, steal policemens guns and no one even blinks an eyelid. But let the deputy minister of health catch a flight to Spain to find out about AIDS vaccines and boy will we make her pay. In principle its all good and well, guys that squander cash or spend unauthorized money should be brought to book. Guys and girls, lets be honest if that were the case we wouldn’t really have that many people working in the government at the moment, would we. I am not part of the inner workings of the government, but from what is reported, it’s a huge pity to see one of the ‘good guys’ being victimized as she is being and in my mind useless ones such as the current health minister run around as if the are queens of the castle, ooh I feel like breaking out into song…must be the reason why I’m queen of my castle…
Anyway, we shall overcome!!
So last week I had a great idea for an email. A couple of weeks ago, I wrote about the United States of Africa etc. I thought to myself, how much about this continent do I know, I mean like the basics, for example all the countries or at least most of them, what their capital cities are and who their leaders or presidents are. To be honest my honest answer was not a helluva lot. I decided that last weeks email was going to be an educational one, lets call it know your continent .
Below is a little spreadsheet I put together, with the capitals, the population size of the capital cities and who the leaders are. Study them well because there will be a quiz next week (please if I have my facts wrong please do correct me)
Capital City Citizens Country President/leader
Algiers (Alger, El Djazâir, Al Jaza'ir) 1,600,000 Algeria Abdelaziz Bouteflika
Luanda 470,000 Angola Jose E dos Santos
Porto-Novo (constit) 185,000 Benin Yayi Boni
Cotonou (seat of gvnt)
Gaborone 140,000 Botswana Festus Mogae
Ouagadougou 650,000 Burkina Faso Blaise Compaore
Bujumbura 240,000 Burundi Pierre Nkurunziza
Yaoundé 660,000 Cameroon Paul Biya
Praia 62,000 Cape Verde Pedro Pires
Bangui Bangui 480,000 Central Africa Francois Bozize
N'Djamena (Ndjamena) 190,000 Chad Idriss Deby
Moroni (Môrônî (Arab) 19,000 Comoros Ahmed Abdallah M. Sambi
Brazzaville 620,000 Congo (Brazzaville) Dennis Sassou Nguesso
Kinshasa 2,800,000 Congo (Kinshasa) Joseph Kabila
Yamoussoukro 110,000 Côte d'Ivoire Laurent Gbagbo
Djibouti (City) (Djiboûtî) 62,000 Djibouti Ismail Omar Guelleh
Cairo (El Qahirah) 6,800,000 Egypt Hosni Mubarak
Malabo (formerly Santa Isabel city state) 35,000 Equatorial Guinea Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo
Asmara (Asmera) 360,000 Eritrea Isaias Afewerki
Addis Ababa (Addis Abeba) 2,400,000 Ethiopia Girma Wolde-Giorgis
Libreville 57,000 Gabon El Hadj Omar Bongo
Banjul 52,000 Gambia Yahya AJJ Jammeh
Accra 600,000 Ghana John Agyekum Kufuor
Conakry 770,000 Guinea Yansana Conte
Bissau 120,000 Guinea-Bissau Joao Bernardo Vieira
Nairobi 1,200,000 Kenya Mwai Kibaki
Maseru 14,000 Lesotho King Letsie III
Monrovia 430,000 Liberia Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf
Tripoli (Tarabulus) 570,000 Libya Muammar al-Gaddafi
Antananarivo 370,000 Madagascar Marc Ravolmanana
Lilongwe 250,000 Malawi Bingu wa Mutharika
Bamako 700,000 Mali Amadou Toumani Toure
Nouakchott (Nuwaskshut, Noûâkchot (mr)) 135,000 Mauritania Sidi Ould Cheikh Abdallahi
Port Louis 145,000 Mauritius Anerood Jugnauth
Rabat (Ar Ribat, Er Ribât (ma)) 1,230,000 Morocco King Mohammed VI
Maputo 900,000 Mozambique Armando Guebuza
Windhoek 148,000 Namibia Hifikepunye Pohamba
Niamey 250,000 Niger Tandja Mamadou
Abuja 300,000 Nigeria Umaru Yar'Adua
Kigali 118,000 Rwanda Paul Kagame
Dakar 165,000 Senegal Abdoulaye Wade
Victoria 25,000 Seychelles James Michel
Freetown 48,000 Sierra Leone Ahmad Tejan Kabbah
Mogadishu 260,000 Somalia Abdullahi Yusuf Ahmed
Pretoria (Adm.) 1,600,000 South Africa Thabo Mbeki
Cape Town (Kaapstad) (legislative)
Bloemfontein (Judicial)
Khartoum (Al Khartum, Al Khurtum (sd) 930,000 Sudan Omar Hassan al Bashir
Mbabane (adm.) 41,000 Swaziland King Mswati III
Lobamba (legislative)
Dar es Salaam 1,100,000 Tanzania Jakaya Mrisho Kikwete
Lomé 160,000 Togo Faure Gnassingbe
Tunis (Toûnis, Tunus (tn)) 620,000 Tunisia Zine El Abidine Ben Ali
Kampala 330,000 Uganda Yoweri Museveni
La 'Youn (El Aaiun, Al 'Ayun) 256,200 Western Sahara Part of Spain
Lusaka 1,000,000 Zambia Levy Mwanawasa
Harare (formerly Salisbury) 1,200,000 Zimbabwe Robert Mugabe
Don’t ever say I don’t teach u guys stuff .
Birthdays for the week
20th Jo Maree
22nd Smut and Rushda
25th Grant D
26th Charl and Gareth
“If you really do put a small value upon yourself, rest assured that the world will not raise your price.” – Anonymous
That’s me for last week, I will definitely try and write something a whole lot more deep for this weeks email.
Big love and maximum respect!
Y
“Que sera sera”
Tuesday, August 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Whose morality is it anyway?
The world and people have become even more fascinating for an inquisitive soul like mine. Let's start with a simple question that most...
-
The world and people have become even more fascinating for an inquisitive soul like mine. Let's start with a simple question that most...
-
So he is a little story to tell. But to begin I need to provide a little context. First off, I am a man of faith, I am either physically a...
No comments:
Post a Comment