Monday, January 14, 2008

Ahhh and so we usher in a brand new year. It starts with much promise and excitement well for most of us. New jobs, new love, new cities, new countries, new presidents, new coaches renewed vigour and outlook on life. All I say is long may it last.

Greetings my dear friends and all the best for the year ahead, if you are trying something for the first time, all I can say to you is Godspeed and may it be all that you hope it would be, if it isn’t is it the end of the world, nah, cos at least you have tried it and now know.

I trust you all had a great well deserved break. Let me tell you about mine. It was a break of everything I could possibly have asked for…other than it being a tad short, but in truth after new year’s eve I was begging to come back home.

There were a couple of special moments that littered my time in Cape Town, but there was one very beautiful moment that I really want to share with you all. We went to church on Christmas day. In front of us sat a guy who seemed to be a bergie, which in Cape Town is used to refer to a poor homeless person. Anyway the sermon was over and it was time to take collection we scrounged through our wallets and gave what we felt was right to give. I observed this gentleman infront of me, the ‘bergie’ he reached into his jacket pocket and grabbed what seemed like all he had in his pocket it was like a huge handful and a half of coins, silver and copper and put it into the offering basket. That was special it really was. I took my lesson from that, I wont say what my lesson was cos its mine, I shared it with you all and hope you learn something or it provokes some emotion within.

There are definitely some interesting times ahead for us all. Jacob Zuma being elected as the ANC president and unsurprisingly getting charged with fraud and corruption a few weeks later. Then we had COSATU threatening blood being spilt and then JZ to his credit stepping up to the plate and saying that he will hear none of that and that there should be no such threats made etc. Then there were those seemingly rigged elections in Kenya which has thrown that country into madness, so sad! Then there is the US presidential elections, the Ghanaian presidential elections, Bhuto getting assassinated and the Pakistani government trying to cover it up when the video footage seems evident. SA Rugby team gets a new coach who everyone is seeing as a black coach rather than another coach, no one cried foul when Carel Du Plessis or Jake White took over with minimal if any coaching experience at the highest level, but this is a discussion for my rugby newsletter. Our police chief and Interpol chief gets served papers, our president denies having any such knowledge of this until a couple of days…meanwhile he was the same dude that fired the head of the NPA a few months ago because he had wanted to have Selebi arrested…2008 is gonna be an eventful year.

It was an absolute pleasure seeing all of you at the Mountain’s wedding, I am sure we will all agree it was a great event. And to my Cape Town mates see you in a few weeks. Kells an absolute ripper spending time with u even tho brief. Mia and Gina, I know its always a pleasure when u see me J

Degs please bounce little Leo for me.

Lolly, my roadtrip bud, thanks again.

I’ll miss u Ravi, have a ripper over there.

This year has started off with much promise for me and many others and I guess its really up to us to make sure it becomes what it promises to be. My advise to us all and to myself too would be to just live and to thine ownself be true for tomorrow may never come!

Birthdays
05 Pranuksha
06 Ingrid and Darren
10 Chantel
11 Pops and Base
12 Tsakane
15 Dr Clarke
16 Ann Louise
17 Pongs
19 Priya

All the best dear people for the year ahead!

Huge respect.

Y

“Carpe Diem”

No comments:

Whose morality is it anyway?

  The world and people have become even more fascinating for an inquisitive soul like mine. Let's start with a simple question that most...