“I've been so many places, I've seen so many things, But none quite so lovely as you, More beautiful than the Mona Lisa, Worth more than gold
And my eyes have the pleasure to behold”… Teddy P
It feels like just the other day I was licking my wounds and boarding a plane back from Cape Town after a rather pleasant December break and look, now we are well into Feb yikes, not too much time left to do all u plan to do this year, cos blink and it will be over…
Belinda, Tim, Brett and Jackie, welcome to our not so weekly weekly thought sharing session, I trust you will enjoy your time with us. At any stage if you feel the need to make a suggestion or a comment, please feel free to either drop me a line or visit www.mondaymail.blogspot.com, if at any time you find this email to be a mere space filler in your inbox kindly do drop me a line and I will remove you from the list.
I have been slack for a while now I know, but I struggle to find things to write about nowadays. I am so bored of hearing the same things over and over. You must forgive this email because its really more about random thoughts and discussions than anything in particular…
Yes we have an energy crisis in South Africa, who’s fault it is matters not, solutions yes, now we are talking, everyone is looking to point a finger and say its cos of the incompetent government hence why we have no electricity, maybe, but bottom line we have no electricity, boring me with who’s fault it was doesn’t give me lights to watch the African Cup does it. Its like with most things in our lives, blaming is really such a waste of time and more importantly energy, energy which I believe is better served when used to find a constructive solution. Let me ask you this, what are you doing to conserve power? Are u switching off appliances and lights when they are not being used? In broad daylight do we have 10 million lights on? Are you switching off the air cons in offices/meeting rooms once they are not occupied? I tell people this and they say what good is me doing this if the other person isn’t doing the same, I ask them imagine if everyone thought like that would anything ever get done? They say there is a water crisis on the horizon? What are we doing about it? Still standing under the shower and letting the water just run on down? Think about it…promise u 2 can make a difference!
I have been having a few chats with some mates. The first was around those the announcement of JZ as the leader of the ANC at the end of last year, now I don’t know about you, but I was utterly embarrassed to see the behaviour of some of those bafoons. I just shook my head and said to myself and those are the people I have representing me. But then again what can I say? I am here living in my own private little Idaho watching life pass by and all I ever do is just complain…sounds familiar? There are a whole bunch of people better suited to represent us but where are we all? On the outskirts, moaning that those that are there aren’t doing the job right…
Anyway so on Saturday I am having a chat with Miss D and its such a ripper how similar our thinking is and I am sure many of us share this sentiment. The world or my world at least is such a messed up place. Lets take for example on Monday morning a very close friend of mine (so close he is actually like my little brother ;-)) called me at 1.40am. He said to me in a very calm manner hey boss, I’ve just been jacked (hijacked) in Melville, heard him out found out if he was ok etc. But before I got up I said to him damn why did I answer this call, joke or no joke, its so not funny and so offsides, I was up in a bolt and shot off to go and help him out. I honestly was disgusted with myself with that even tho he and I chuckled on the fone, its not really a funny thing. This dude has just had a gun pointed at him, car taken and here I am being me…but that wasn’t the worst of it. So I get there, I ask him what happened, had he called the cops etc etc. He relays the story to me, he also adds that he was at this place called Six in Melville, (a place we really enjoy going to) prior to the incident. After waiting for a couple of minutes and the cops hadn’t arrived, he went to the venue to go and ask for some assistance, them being a restaurant etc. they would have easy access to the policia, you know what the guy who was at the door said to him? Sorry we cant help u we are closed, now u tell my what bollocks that is? It all boils down to the fact that we don’t actually care about how we treat each other. PERIOD!! We don’t treat each other as human beings so why should the bad elements of our society care much about stabbing or shooting us?
Take for example traffic, a person has indicated to change lanes or turn into the road, dude, let him or her in, what difference are those 5-10 seconds going to make to your life? If you are late I promise you 5-10 secs wont make much of a difference. I was on the plane the other day, I needed to make space for my laptop etc, so I moved some stuff very carefully etc. so that everything would fit in nicely. Plane lands and its time to get off this darn bonehead decides he is pissed off that I moved his stuff and he violently moves my stuff to the side, so for the whole 2 hr flight this action had been burning him, I looked at him, I think I even clapped and said well done or something sarcastic cos I just couldn’t believe it, and he was a grown man!! We have too much anger in us as a people and trust u me it will be the death of us all. Everyone feels hard done by. No one seems content with their lot in life. We are always chasing things generally a dream, something better, something faster, something hotter, the next fix and it will be the end of us! We take treating each so lightly and wonder why our schools are amongst the most dangerous in the world, when we scream and curse that we are going to kill someone when our paths are crossed or someone does anything untoward to us.
I look at the presidential race in the US. And any level headed person with just plain common sense will tell you that Barack Obama may well be the most sincere and best candidate for the job. I don’t know any of the candidates personally but their personality on TV and on radio is all I have to go by and so I don’t think my judgement is tainted much. I look at the Republicans and all I see is more of the same, McCain, Romney, Huckerby, all the same. Democrats, Clinton and Obama, I don’t think I trust Hillary much and to be honest, 2 Bushes now 2 Clintons the world needs a break. BUT WILL HE WIN and my answer is I think not, even though I cant prove it, I’d bet if he was a lighter shade of brown his chances would be doubtless. I don’t think America is ready for him, right guy, wrong time, even though I strongly believe it is the right time for him. One of those times I would gladly be wrong.
Today is the beginning of Lent for most Christians and some non. I would strongly suggest that we all look to try and be better people, not just for ourselves but for the world around us. I am definitely going to do my giving thing for the next 40 days who knows maybe longer, it may be a small thing but trust u me it goes a long way in someone else’s life. Greet people, smile instead of aggression, so what if they think u r crazy, its their issue not urs. Just do something positive for someone else.
Change honestly starts right here…with us!!!
Enough preaching I guess its time to start practicing.
Birthdays
21st Chris Snyman and Clayton Stewart
22nd Munier
25th Anna
27th Ingo
28th Belinda, Gareth
29th Lyndall
31st Refiloe R
1st Kirstin and Leila
2nd Ari
8th Bibi and Bro Kwaku
Many happy returns to you all, plenty of laughter, love and all else you strive for in your lives
On that note that’s me, its damn hard being pleasant particularly if you are surrounded by a bunch of dim wits, I mean inbetween writing this I had to rush off to a meeting and I don’t know how many people refused to let me in even tho they were traveling at a snails pace cos there were road works happening and the thoughts that rushed thru my mind…till I remembered what I was writing this week
That song I started off with was dedicated to you from me. ;-) lets break into chorus here…
You're my latest, tell you you're my greatest, My latest, my greatest inspiration, You inspire me, inspire me, Don't you know, my latest, my greatest inspiration
You keep just keep on liftin' me up now
(Higher) Mmm
(Higher) You inspire me, I want you to keep liftin' me up
(Higher)
(Higher)
I want you to keep on liftin' me up, (Higher) Alright
(Higher) Alright
See, you got me, you got me doin' things
(Higher) I've never done before, (Higher) See, you inspire me, you inspire me….
That’s me for another wee…while, who knows I may have a flash of brilliance next week, but till we next e-speak stay blessed, be the change you want to see!
Beeg love and maximum respect
Y
Wednesday, February 06, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Whose morality is it anyway?
The world and people have become even more fascinating for an inquisitive soul like mine. Let's start with a simple question that most...
-
The world and people have become even more fascinating for an inquisitive soul like mine. Let's start with a simple question that most...
-
So he is a little story to tell. But to begin I need to provide a little context. First off, I am a man of faith, I am either physically a...
No comments:
Post a Comment