Woo hoo, twice in 2 consecutive weeks, I’m impressed with myself ! Whats going on people hope your yins and your yangs are well aligned, ya man the bounce is back and when the bounce is back…world beware ;-)
Who needs a shrink when you have TV? You all have heard of a TV show Grey’s Anatomy, many people swear by it, I hardly ever get to see it cos for some reason on Monday evenings like most other evenings I don’t get home before 8. Anyway I was fortunate enough to catch this last week’s episode, and those who watched it will know what I am referring to. There was a part when the one doctor,Dr Burke’s mom comes to the hospital to wait for this one doctor who was engaged to her son, but she has some really deep and insightful conversations, I swear in a couple of those instances, I thought she was speaking directly to me, one in particular when she asks Patrick Dempsey if he is an honorable man…its deep and I am sure it applies or has applied to us all at one stage in our lives.
Speaking of honor, there is this ongoing saga about the disbanding of the Scorpions in SA. For those of us who aren’t aware, the Scorpions is a stand alone agency that has been in the forefront of a good number of high profile corruption cases, such as the one against Shabir Shaik, Jacob Zuma and Jackie Selebi (the head of Interpol) to name but a few. The government is currently in the process of dismantling the unit and setting it up under the police services. A move that many of us believe is a croc of pooh! Imagine ok police commissioner, we are investigating you for corruption, ok cool go ahead, tell me what u find…errrr
My question is really what are we as citizens of this country, what are we going to do about it? I am no lawyer so I cant say I am familiar with our constitution but from what I have heard and from the plaudits around, it’s a pretty damn fine constitution, one that protects human rights and gives the people a voice. I am sure in there somewhere there must be something about challenging what we as a nation believe to be an absurd course of action. Those that know please help us, show us how we can make our voices heard. I am tired of us muttering amongst ourselves and saying how mad and senseless this course of action is, cos we cant really do anything by ourselves, but if we stand together and let our voices be heard, then I am well sure we can make a good constructive difference. What is the alternative? Sit in our corners and chat about it over dinner, at the bar, watching rugby, when the lights go out…and then it happens and then we moan some more cos we did so much to stop it….Just a thought…lets use it (notice no option of don’t use it)
I honestly would appreciate it if someone could show us the way forward in terms of opposing this action cos at the end of the day its our country, its us we are paying the government to serve…
Attached below is a great email I received from one of my sisters this morning:
Personal Growth, Personal Independence: The Limit Is Me
By Robin Good
One day all the employees reached the office and they saw a big advice on the door on which it was written:
'Yesterday the person who has been hindering your growth in this company passed away. We invite you to join the funeral in the room that has been prepared in the gym'. In the beginning, they all got sad for the death of one of their colleagues, but after a while they started getting curious to know who was that man who hindered the growth of his colleagues and the company itself.
The excitement in the gym was such that security agents were ordered to control the crowd within the room. The more people reached the coffin, the more the excitement heated up. Everyone thought: 'Who is this guy who was hindering my progress? Well, at least he died!'. One by one the thrilled employees got closer to the coffin, and when they looked inside it they suddenly became speechless. They stood nearby the coffin, shocked and in silence, as if someone had touched the deepest part of their soul.
There was a mirror inside the coffin: everyone who looked inside it could see himself.
There was also a sign next to the mirror that said:
'There is only one person who is capable to set limits to your growth: it is YOU.
You are the only person who can revolutionize your life. You are the only person who can influence your happiness, your realization and your success. You are the only person who can help yourself.
Your life does not change when your boss changes, when your friends change, when your parents change, when your partner changes, when your company changes. Your life changes when YOU change, when you go beyond your limiting beliefs, when you realize that you are the only one responsible for your life.
'The most important relationship you can have, is the one you have with yourself'
Examine yourself, watch yourself. Don't be afraid of difficulties, impossibilities and losses: be a winner, build yourself and your reality.
The world is like a mirror: it gives back to anyone the reflection of the thoughts in which one has strongly believed.
The world and your reality are like mirrors laying in a coffin, which show to any individual the death of his divine capability to imagine and create his happiness and his success.
It's the way you face Life that makes the difference
Birthdays
11th Zahir
12th Garrin and Nonku
14th Barbs
16th Jane
That’s me for another week hopefully I e-see u all next week.
Remember any comments please go to www.mondaymail.blogspot.com
Maximum respect as always…carpe diem
Y
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Whose morality is it anyway?
The world and people have become even more fascinating for an inquisitive soul like mine. Let's start with a simple question that most...
-
The world and people have become even more fascinating for an inquisitive soul like mine. Let's start with a simple question that most...
-
So he is a little story to tell. But to begin I need to provide a little context. First off, I am a man of faith, I am either physically a...
No comments:
Post a Comment