“There's a log on the fire, And it burns like me for you, Tomorrow comes with one desire, To take me away....it's true, It ain't easy to say goodbye, Darling please don't start cry, 'Cause girl you know I've got to go, Lord I wish it wasn't so
Save tonight, And fight the break of dawn, Come tomorrow, Tomorrow I'll be gone
Tomorrow comes to take me away, I wish that I......that I could stay, Girl you know I've got to go, Lord I wish it wasn't so”- Eagle Eye Cherry
Following on to my emails I sent on Friday, you know what I is thinking? I is thinking talk is cheap. This weekend I decided I am committing (and shoo wee that’s a massive thing for me) BUT right here in front of you all I commit to make a difference. Not sure how, what, when, where, but I will no matter how small.
There’s another BUT though… I need help! I am pretty darn average at follow through and organizing stuff, so guys and gals please do assist! If u have been feeling and thinking the same, please drop me a line and we can make something happen. We don’t have to save the cheerleader (…save the world) for those who that phrase was lost on my bad. All I am asking is that we who have the means, and trust u me if u are alive and reading this you have the means J, lets see what we can do, cos believe it or not we are the next generation! It’s our time…The older dudes sorted out the hard part regarding our freedom and democracy etc, all we have to do is make sure we keep the wheels in motion. U remember that “Never and Never again” speech? Our time…
Some of the ideas I have are around education, be it spending a few hours of our weekends, once in a while at under privileged schools teaching a subject, or clubbing together some money I don’t know say 20 of us put together a grand each and help someone pay for part of their first year at university or school or even we club together some money to help put our domestic worker’s kids through school, these are some of the ideas floating in my head.
Ok moving along, I think I am just a walking coincidence I tell u, and I think I have mentioned it before. On Tuesday I went to go and watch a movie “Why did I get married”, quite enjoyable it was. If you are in a relationship or married or you are contemplating getting out of one or love’s on the rocks, u and your significant other should go and watch it. Some pretty good humour and most importantly a decent message. One line in particular stuck in my head and its holds true for not just marriage but many other things or situations we find ourselves in nowadays.
It would definitely be hugely selfish of me to keep it from you guys and I am trying not to be break that habit. J So a whole lot of guys are gathered having a boys chat u know, and the one of them tries to reprimand his one mate who has been playing around behind his wife’s back. The dude mentions the 80:20 rule. The explanation in the movie was something like this, in marriage you will only ever get 80% that’s the bottom line. Along comes little miss thang in her glory, she will only ever offer you 20%, so before you leap, is the 80% really worth giving up? You can substitute marriage for work, relationships, emigrating whatever, I think it was quite apt, I didn’t get the words verbatim, but I hope I captured the gist.
So yesterday (Sunday) I decided to go pay a visit to Pastor Ray and made a turn at church and guess what they were talking about? Relationships! I smiled, and realized I am supposed to be writing about this to you all this week…even if I may have written this or something similar sometime waay back when.
Dudes, if you are going through testing times in anyway, the bottom line is embrace them. Relationships of any sort, need to be tested, they should be tested. You have to go through pooh in life! It’s the only real way you find out what the makeup of your partner is or even more positive, its the best way to get to know yourself. When everything is going great, everyone is happy, butterflies are singing, violins are playing happily in the background, but let the pooh hit the fan, then u’ll REALLY know. It’s the same when you are at work, everyone is chilled and chuffed with life, enter stress, exit the fun and games in some people
It’s also a great opportunity you know to throw out the junk as it were, clean out the closet start anew, be it in the situation or out of the situation…a line that was mentioned that stuck in my head and it can serve as a mantra for many of us, ‘you may have a set back, but you will come back. The best thing to do is not to dwell, cos life definitely goes on, all in good time you will bounce back!!
An apt quote for this week “happiness is a state of mind”!! I hope all my Irish readers and those living in Ireland had a great St Patrick’s day. Happy Easter to you all remember what its all about... no not the eggs and bunny’s…
Birthdays
16th Zaheer
18th Nasrin, Sheryl
21st Mike Cross
22nd Emily
And that’s me for another week, if you are traveling over the weekend, may the force be with you.
Maximum respect
Y
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Whose morality is it anyway?
The world and people have become even more fascinating for an inquisitive soul like mine. Let's start with a simple question that most...
-
The world and people have become even more fascinating for an inquisitive soul like mine. Let's start with a simple question that most...
-
So he is a little story to tell. But to begin I need to provide a little context. First off, I am a man of faith, I am either physically a...
No comments:
Post a Comment