I've got sunshine on a cloudy day. When it's cold outside I've got the month of May.
I guess you'd say, What can make me feel this way? – The Temptations
Very apt song for me at the moment I tell u. If this were Facebook (see what I have become) my status would be - Yaw is quietly confident. Why? I ask myself the same question, cos health-wise I am most probably in the worst shape I have been in since my wrist op in ‘99, both my knees are horribly shot, so too my shoulder, they will more than likely need some sort of intervention (damn doctors), developing a bit of an over 30’s buldge around the midriff due to a few weeks of inactivity (laziness) and the eating hasn’t been curbed. Work - still excited about it when I wake up in the morning but shooowee, it ain’t easy, such a slow start to the year. Canned boozing for a few weeks not fun…but good!
BUTTTTTTT last weekend I was back on the tennis court, far from flash, got taken out by my 62 year old pops, but at least I managed to hobble along, back in the gym a few times so far this week, tide is turning and work, lets not jinx anything so I’ll just plead the 5th. I don’t know, I got happy little butterflies floating around, not the kind I used to get before a 100m race, these aren’t nervous butterflies at all, it’s more like the ‘I can’t wait tomorrow I am going on a long vacation’ kind a butterflies, sheer content(ness), it could be a whole lot of nothing or it could be something we wait and see. All I can do is thank my maker and ask ‘long may it last’ J
Enough about my butterflies, I just thought I should tell u all that I am very disappointed. Not that I am trying to force you into doing anything but sheesh only one proper response to my call last week to try and make a difference, I know there is more than one person who wants to try and do something. If you didn’t read last weeks email, please do have a squizz at it and let me know, cos I am useless really I am.
Don’t really have much to say this week, other than to ask all of you amongst us who pray in any way whatsoever to say a little prayer for this world of ours. Something has to give. Just some things to spare a thought for:
1) Zim is going to the polls on Saturday. I may be speaking from an ignorant position, not ever having visited the country personally, but as well as he may have meant when he did what he did, he has now made his point, well at least to himself…I honestly doubt that there are many people with any sort of nous that would believe that Zim can survive another year with Bob at the helm. He is trying hard to make sure the decks are stacked in his favour, but I really hope the will of the people prevail and hopefully it will be the will of the people that he chucks!! Certain independent media have been banned. Apparently the permits of the independent observers from the SADC region expires before the count takes place, come now…100 000% inflation, we have 10% and we are struggling! Something has to give.
2) Tibet, some of the footage I have been seeing on the telly is rather disturbing. The brutality of the armed forces on the unarmed Tibetans is brutal! The funniest thing I heard was a Chinese ambassador being interviewed and he made a comment along the lines of we say there have only been 8 deaths and they were innocent bystanders and police, those people reporting that there are over a 100 people dead should support this with some fact, well that my dear man would be difficult cos the media has been shut out? My question is if you have nothing to hide, why stop me from coming to see?
3) Somalia which is being seen as too dangerous for international aid workers to assist the plenty million destitute and in need of help
4) Iraq need I say more
5) Morroco cos they are losing their status as the worlds best producer of cannabis….
This email started off on such a positive note but alas, enter the real world, and all is not so rosy all the time…everywhere. The lesson in that I guess is to be grateful for what u have, and trust u me we have plenty to be grateful for! But I’ll save you all the preaching this week
Birthdays
23rd Glenda, Funmi
25th My good man Anthony Odama (Damsie)
26th Jani
27th Mandla, OG, Feds, Linda, Carlin, Thuli
28th Nigel, Ref Moloto
29th Marc W, Paula and Philip R
And that’s a wrap folks. Maximum respect and have a great weekend!
Take it easi
Y
‘Never above you. Never below you. Always beside you’
Friday, March 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Whose morality is it anyway?
The world and people have become even more fascinating for an inquisitive soul like mine. Let's start with a simple question that most...
-
The world and people have become even more fascinating for an inquisitive soul like mine. Let's start with a simple question that most...
-
So he is a little story to tell. But to begin I need to provide a little context. First off, I am a man of faith, I am either physically a...
No comments:
Post a Comment