Oh happy day (oh happy day), I'm talking about the happy days (oh happy day), C'mon and talk about the happy days (oh happy day), Oh, oh, oh happy days (oh happy day), Ooh talking about happy day (oh happy day) – Sister act
Top of the morning for you I’m sure but its bottom of the evening for me . Another week of not too much to write but just to share some thoughts with you and I promise you I am not gonna make this an evangelical blog
I just have 2 things I want to share with you. You really don’t have to go through life on your own, it’s the reason why you have your friends and your creator, maybe it’s just me but the load feels so much lighter and the joy so much more pleasurable when you share it with someone.
Secondly in this life, things will happen, but not necessarily as or how you had planned them to but they will happen. The sooner we all accept or at least start entertaining the thought that not everything will go as we planned them to, the easier the journey will be. TRUST ME!
Another one just popped into my head as I was typing the first two and this is for all those who pray, I believe that all prayers are answered, they may not necessarily be what we wanted the result of the prayer to be, but they do get answered and we overlook them and think that you have been forsaken! FOCUS.
Anyway how is this for a mad ripper, so last week if you read my email I said I had this feeling something big was about to happen and I wasn’t sure what…well anyway on Friday I decided to step out of my self imposed social exile and go hit the town a little. I was worried that I had lost the little game that I had…nah not quite… yesterday I got a call from a client I had pitched to a few weeks ago, she has been quite a difficult one to follow up on cos she doesn’t return calls etc. Bear in mind I am a guy who has gone 3 months of this calendar year without signing any deals even though I have been running around like a blue ar sed fly trying to meet people so I can just get one under the belt, at this stage anything would do. Anyways so I get this call, out of the blue, she says we are happy with what you are proposing and we want to go ahead with a test campaign. She said she would sign the order last night and send it to me. She didn’t send it. I honestly hardly slept last night…but at 16h41 today I received one of the best emails I had in a while, I smiled, a tear started developing in my eye. I remembered why I am the damn man …I looked up at the sky (roof) and smiled…still smiling. The test campaign, my dear friends, is a few clicks short of what I did the WHOLE of our last financial year which was 14 mths. Biggest campaign we have ever run in this organization…
I know I need not say this, but I will anyway, because unlike politicians I’d prefer not to be misunderstood/misrepresented…longwinded but anyway as I was trying to say, I write this not to boast, but rather to illustrate that all in this life has its own time and place. Just like Zim will one day be given the opportunity to find its former glory, the fighting in Iraq will cease, discrimination based on race will end (we’ll find something else to use) Palestine will be at peace…ok sorry I took it too far, but I hope u get my drift.
Before I sign off, I just thought I should just mention this joker friend I have. On Monday I had the honour and privilege of being invited to a Johnie Walker striding man event where tribute was being paid to 9 South Africans who are trying to make a difference to those less fortunate than us. These 9 were selected from dozens. One such finalist was Thabang Skwambane. He is just an ordinary guy, and you guys have no idea how ordinary he really is , but he is making a difference, just like any of us can. I salute you boss, keep on keeping on bro and see it through to the end! For those of us in SA, I just received an email earlier about a million man march that’s being held on 24th April 2008, stop moaning and do something!!
On that note I sign off, wishing you all a week of discovery.
Birthdays
30th Randall
1st Carnita, Grace
2nd Gorata
3rd Shannon
4th Otto
Maximum respect
Y
‘Cest la vie’
Thursday, April 03, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Whose morality is it anyway?
The world and people have become even more fascinating for an inquisitive soul like mine. Let's start with a simple question that most...
-
The world and people have become even more fascinating for an inquisitive soul like mine. Let's start with a simple question that most...
-
So he is a little story to tell. But to begin I need to provide a little context. First off, I am a man of faith, I am either physically a...
No comments:
Post a Comment