Friday, July 18, 2008

“If I had no more time, No more time left to be here,

Would you cherish what we had? Was it everything that you were looking for? If I couldn’t feel your touch, And no longer were you with me,

I’d be wishing you were here, To be everything that I’d be looking for,

I don’t wanna forget the present is a gift,

And I don’t wanna take for granted the time you may have here with me,

‘Cause Lord only knows another day is not really guaranteed- Alicia blaring through my earphones as I type this…for the 4th time. I highlighted 2 sentences for a reason let it resonate in all we do!!

Shoo, another week almost done? My question to you would you is ‘are you living or letting life pass you by?’

Another pretty blessed week, in my world, but its not about me now is it ;-). I must tell u this though, I bought a small basic French dictionary. This is a massive thing for me, because learning French and Zulu has been a resolution of mne for at least the last 5 years or so, now if I can find a Zulu one I will be well on my way. Oh wait maybe you guys could help me, I bought a guitar a while ago and I want to learn how to play it, if anyone knows of someone who gives lessons or if any of you are keen to go learn guitar let me know, cos other than work, execution is not my strong point, cos stuff just keeps coming up, like doing nothing, going out, sleeping, playing squash, movies…u get the picture!

I was really humbled by effort some of you went through to respond to my emails last week. It honestly touches me that you all, inspite of your busy days still have time to find value out of some of the stuff I write and even more so that you respond.

I got some pretty decent responses, some were too long to post on the site, but if u r keen to read them please let me know and I will forward them to you, if that’s ok with the authors.

It should hopefully be a very short email this week. As most of us know today is the birthday of a great man, Nelson Mandela. A man by his on concession was not born a saint nor behaved like one, but this man has qualities we can all learn from.

  • He is a man who decided to make a difference.
  • He is a man who saw his circumstances and decided not to just complain but take action.
  • He is a man who saw the plight and ill-treatment of those around him and decided this cant be right but I cant wait for others to fix it for me
  • He is a man who lost 27 years of his life because he fought for what was right…note I said what was right not what may have been right.
  • He is a man who even though incarcerated for 27 yrs and robbed of his freedom came out and set this nation and its people free
  • He is a man who could have come out bitter and angry like most of us would have been if we felt we were wronged, but he said sorree, lets move forward
  • He is a man who continues to use his influence and position to try and create a better life for those less fortunate than he through his foundations
  • He is a man who even when times were rough saw the good in the situation
  • He is a great man, not solely by actions but largely by deed!

And you know what, any of us can be that great person, even if just for one other person around us…Society is where it is now because of our lack of time for other people, that sales dude who keeps knocking on your door to sell his business card holder with a fountain. Take time to just listen to his story or offer him some courtesy. You CAN spare him 2 minutes, I promise you it won’t kill you. That guy who begs at your window, acknowledge him at least. The 10 secs it will take to say no thanks or whatever it won’t hurt you, what are u doing anyway, the robot is red, u aint going nowhere!

The world will be the place u make it and on that note let me be off before I start sounding like a preacher. It’s really so simple this life, but we CHOOSE to make it so difficult.

We who walk in the shadow of a giant must stay the course.

It is up to us who have the ability to influence transformation to uphold the legacy of those heroes that have made the ultimate sacrifice for all who live in South Africa.

It is our duty to honour them by making sure we do all that is in our power to ensure that their legacy lives in our thoughts and deeds.” Its almost like my sister knew what I was writing about this week. She sent an email to me today and I had to copy and past this extract here.

Birthdays

13th Mel Rose

15th Garth and Naeem

18th The great man

A fantastic weekend is my wish to you all!

Maximum respect

Y ….“Que sera sera”

No comments:

Whose morality is it anyway?

  The world and people have become even more fascinating for an inquisitive soul like mine. Let's start with a simple question that most...