Blog continued...
One other thing i wanted to write but omitted from the email, i guess it serves me right for trying to put it together at such a random hour J...have any of you seen that movie Bucket List? How many of you decided to put together your own bucket list after that. Call me random, but that movie got me so thinking about so many things. Like Jack Nicholsons character was a rich guy but a sad, angry old man and Morgan on the other hand was a smart, poor but generally happy guy. Another thing i got from the movie was that life was way short, and also very easy to get stuck in just being and then before you know it its 40 years and life has just passed you by. Another thing i guess is to have a purpose in life, something i struggle with. I am quite happy just floating around in this existence. Anyone asks me where i see myself in 5 years, even 2 years...no idea. I really and truly have no clue...
Another thing that i thought i should share with you is giving your time (note not money) but time to those less fortunate than you. And I am not saying this to you to tell you what a saint I am because we all know that Saint I aint!! It gives my life so much more purpose than just living for me. Last weekend a couple of us headed off to Tembisa to a childrens home to paint, but there were too many of us so we found other tasks to perform like washing and ironing clothes, I mean we had Shaka the big cheese himself washing white undies that looked brown and had skid marks in them...absolute ripper. Its good because it gets you out of your comfort zone, I could so easily have gone to gym, headed home and sat on my couch and watched the 4 Super 14 games on that morning. Trust you me it was hard getting out there. But sheesh when we got there man was it nice. Its a chance to bond with your mates whilst doing these tasks, people are grateful because you are helping them out and they feel even for just one day that someone actually cares.
Friday, March 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Whose morality is it anyway?
The world and people have become even more fascinating for an inquisitive soul like mine. Let's start with a simple question that most...
-
The world and people have become even more fascinating for an inquisitive soul like mine. Let's start with a simple question that most...
-
So he is a little story to tell. But to begin I need to provide a little context. First off, I am a man of faith, I am either physically a...
No comments:
Post a Comment