Monday, July 06, 2009

I was driving back from gym this evening and i looked out at the sky and the moon was full and a few clouds hovering around it, there was a bit of a chill in the air but the world felt alright with me and i smiled...

How cool is this, parking off here on my bed with some classical music blazing whilst i type, Turandot (Act III): Nessun Dorma, what a classic, don’t understand a word, but soooooo powerful, very different vibe but man its refreshing, a bit of a break from “i’ll take you to the candy store, i’ll let you lick my lollipop....”  so sorry can’t put up any lyrics today

I have been but soo slack this year regarding these emails and I think I may have realised why. This year I have been in such a random place. Everything in my life has been pretty good, but I realised I was caught up in a monotonous existence, but that i guess was tolerable, cos ey that’s life, but something else was eating at me pretty slowly ey. What was it? I have a decent life, great friends and familia...most important I tell ya, they haven’t repossessed my car and house yet, so financially I am ok, I can still run around with the boys on Sundays albeit very slowly, I walk past a mirror and it says to me juslike, u r hot!!I joke . Ladies, well thats a story on its own and yip its my fault, but i have made peace with that, so that couldn’t be it...And work is going pretty darn well in terms of the financial side of it...

Something was still amiss and it was affecting everything, so much so that my mates were asking me what was wrong. I was in the wilderness...I was here but not really. U know when you get that feeling that something is bugging you but you cant really put your finger on it. I love that stuff i tell you. When i was growing up one of my favourite things in the world was putting together puzzles and the more broken it was (ie the more pieces) the happier i was. So i started to fish, quickly eliminated anything to do with finances cos i don’t stress that stuff, one way or another the boss provides, girls, nope not that either, family and friends, nah not that, where do i spend most of my waking hours...WORK!!!

But what about work, we are still making bucks, i have just taken on a new role which was to set up our representation on the rest of the continent, which from where i sit hasn’t been bad going. We have reps in Ghana, Kenya, people we work with in Senegal and a potential partner in Nigeria, so we were covered and that was still quite exciting, but there were little things that were nagging me man. It was once bearable but the last month or so its been breaking my spirit, its been taking a toll on me. Which is a bummer because when i gave up the life of finance, I had huge hopes for this new venture. But ey as with most things in life, just as life itself, the end will come! So you take your lessons and the good times and move on.

I wasn’t sure what or where my next move would take me to, I haven’t firmed it up at all, so i wanted to take some time out think things through, but had a chat with my partner during the week and it was decided that we should call it. I most probably would have come up to the same conclusion after my time out. Now here is the funny thing. I received a bible for my birthday from my mate Phil earlier in the year and my mommy gave me the 2009 Our daily bread which helps you read the Bible. As you know as things currently are, these aren’t the times to be making such decisions without feeling a tad anxious as to where to from here.

The world felt alright with me, but i would be lying if there wasn’t any anxiety floating around. Anyway the morning after we had our chat about parting ways, I woke up to read my Bible and i s** t you not, the message was “to be anxious about nothing and to pray about everything” I smiled hard and still am. So how is this, yesterday I was at my folks as usual, watching the Wimbeldon finals, but i was starting to feel very comfortable and I was dozing, so I decided to make my way home, to finish watching the game, because there is absolutely nothing worse than slipping into a coma and then having to wake up and mission. Anyway on my way home, something said bra go to church so i said to myself, Federer will most probably win, if ARod wins well good for him cos he is better than just one grand slam, so that was settled and off to church i skipped, in snow white ofcourse;). Anyway at church they had guest speakers. The first speaker was so speaking to me.
His message was about being in the wilderness, when you don’t know what you are going to do next or how you are going to do it or if you should do it, but if it feels right within, you should seek counsel from your maker and those close to you, because your maker speaks through them and things around you and just do it. There was more to it but it was soo relevant....

Not there yet, but i can feel things falling back into place. I am the old me is back in many ways, I am still uncertain as to the next move, but if you guys know of anyone looking for a real life talking marketing CA holler at a black ya? But please no rigid 9-5ers i need fun and spontaneity but still making dollars and a difference  oh how complicated i am

Anyway the lesson in this for me at least is believe what you want but your life isn’t yours really. Makhtub...It is written...All you can do is learn and try be the best you you can be. Just believe even when the chips are down, don’t focus on the negative and the world will be alright, hey who knows maybe in a month or 2 my song will be different, but thats a story for a month or two from now...but ey back to the drawing board I am, so lets do this!! 

Birthdays
17th Laila, Tasneem
18th Lebo, Satish
20th Jake and Kgash
21st Hamish Alexander Paterson
22nd Simmybunny, Dan Cader, Zul,
23rd Pete K, Red head Ed
24th Gretchen
26th Kemi
27th Studs Tebs and Seanie
29th Simone
30th Dineo
1st July Keith John
3rd Jenn
8th DJ, Nadia, Mel
11th Rudi and Santie

May you all be blessed with pleeeeeenty more, but more than that may your lives be filled with joy and a sense of moving forward most times if not all the time 

And thats a wrap folks, i wish you all a sublime week. You know not so long ago i used to hate it when teachers used to ask us to write essays of 400 words, nowadays i write 1 300 words for fun, isn’t it ironic, don’t you think ;-)

Maximum respect and light to you all man!!

Y

No comments:

Whose morality is it anyway?

  The world and people have become even more fascinating for an inquisitive soul like mine. Let's start with a simple question that most...