So you know when i cruise the long long loooong streets of joburg, even though i don’t mean to, i tend to notice that the young ones i.e. the ladies tend to give the brother an eye, sometimes even a smile too. So a couple of weeks ago when my pops had the scare, he is by his Creators grace, doing much better, and thanks to all those who dropped us a line etc, much love..., so a couple of weeks ago I was in Jozi, right, cruising around in my folks old school Daewoo, you know what i noticed... no looks, nada, not even like a sneaky, NIKS! So much for me being hot, but you know what i dealt with it...ok dealing with it....waaaa kaaa kaaa ka
Hello guys, my name is Yaw and I live an absolutely charmed life, not throwing it in anyones faces or nothing, just sitting here and appreciating every single lemon and lemonade life has dished out to me. And to be honest and not to sound like i am trying to convince myself of anything, there is nowhere else i’d rather be than right here where I am. Its. 02.40 am. I am just about to hit the hay from such an ordinary day, yet such a blessed day. Let me explain.
Yesterday I went to the big blue, Standard Bank, you know just to say hi to my old colleagues, cos i do that quite regularly, because they truly are a great bunch and yesterday well Wednesday, i got reminded of just that. It was meant to be a quick 30min visit i think i spent about 3 hrs if not more there, just chewing the fat with some genuine decent people. I mean lets take for instance Dave King who is like the big boss of the Corporate and Investment Bank in Cape Town, not that I am trivialising anyone else who made time to catch up with me, but the man is busy, he’s got shiznit to do, but nope, he got out of his desk took me aside into one of the boardrooms and we had like a real full on conversation about life his and mine and just generally chewed the fat. To many people its like whatever, but man to me it left such an impression but i am sure you can tell. That whole 3 hrs or so, just walking around there like i was still part of the familia, chatting with the security guards receptionists the whole crew. That my good people is what this life is about. Being real and being sincere about it all.
Another illustration of some of the charm in my life is, so a few hrs ago i was like invited to go to a fashion show with a mate of mine, to be frank that place was full of phonies and the whole environment made me want to bust a gut, but my mate was a belter and we come a long way so the company made up for it, anyway from there we shot off to Jade, yup u know this, Thursday nite = Jade nite. Anyway so my mate and I are shooting the breeze, but its loud inside so we decide to head on out onto the balcony where there are some chairs to have a yarn about this and that. Anyhoo, I have developed this new habit of wearing tight jeans, apparently its sexy, i am struggling with em at the moment cos my cellphone and the pocket aren’t talking nicely to each other. So i took out my phone and put it on the table. Anyway we decided to go inside. K let me tell you in my defence, my mate is quite alright hey and she was wearing everything low cut...top...skirt...everything. I never thought i was like this but apparently I am, so a man may have had a slight touch of confusioscalitis, better known as confusion, lack of focus or rather focus on the wrong things. Totally out of character cos i never ever ever leave my mobile everrrrr. Anway I did. Oblivious to this we head off to the bar shoot the breeze order our drinks and cackle away. Then all of a sardine this very cute young lass strolls up to me and says to me sorry to disturb, but what is your name, I looked around for the candid camera cos i was like u gotta be joking me...stuff like this doesn’t happen to me ;), anyway so I say Yaw, hi, she is like hi, I found your phone...what are the chances?? She found it on the table anc called my last dialled number a mate who gave her a description of what i look like, imagine that...Its so good to see that there are still some good people left in this world i tell ya. That leads me to this weeks email
I know I sound like a nag alot, but man it bugs me. Charmed life aside, my stellar mates aside and i mean the great ones who know exactly who they are aside, the world is such a messed up place man. People aren’t for real. Its so coincidental that a mate of mine gave me this book The Catcher in The Rye, which i read this week a truly captivating read and I cant get over it. The main character to many might seem slightly disturbed, but in a lot of the issues he raises he is spot on and so in tune with how the world around him is so phony. Like the fashion show today for example, some of the items of clothing were beyond random, but there was tumultuous applause, I sigh. But worst still is how we as a people treat each other. How everyone is on such a mission to succeed irrespective of the price or who they have to do what to to get there. How we are all so deceptive with each other so we can get our way, be it sex, career, acceptance you name it someone is always looking to screw someone over to get ahead, and then you get there and then what? Are you now the king or queen, no my dear so and so, you are still the same loser you are trying so hard to hide away from. Unless ofcourse I have it all wrong, but thats not possible, this is me we are talking about here ;). I just look at the world at the moment we are in such a marginal place because, of peoples greed and desire to rule all. Zim, the USA, Korea, Iran, DRC, Angola, Bosnia, Croatia, Sudan, Guinea, Palestine, man I could go on for days, but I think you all get my drift. I look at this continent. So rich in resources, people, for crying out loud most of the western world was built on the back of Africans (slaves), natural resources, landscape, scenery, there is absolutely noooooooo fathomable reason for this continent to even be remotely in the state that its in. Many blame colonialism, dear friends that institution was gone eons ago, lets move on. I take my country of birth Ghana, 50 or so years ago we gained independence, what have we done, fair enough we are starting to gain some momentum, but man why so long and why don’t so many simple things work? I don’t understand. We have a humungous unemployment rate. Broken infrastructure or outdated infrastructure. We claim not to have money, yet we can spend millions and millions on random presidential palaces...COMEON??!!
You know the beauty about time is you have a huge opportunity to assess and observe yourself and your environment. And what i can say without a doubt is I am truly blessed, yes for what i have, but most importantly for who I have. I have a mate here in CT and he and I are trying to set up an entity what do we do....everything, mainly how do my Naija broddas say...import...export ;) but u want it we know someone who has it and thats the deal for now, very informal but we managed to close our first trade this week, happy days, bond is covered for a few months, wikkid. We have no shareholders agreements nada, ya some might say its immature etc, and i guess I should know better, but to me the soul of a man and the nature of his being is worth so much more than any piece of paper...ey oh oh ey, this tune may change when we start making millions, momma didn’t raise no fool but the essence will remain the same. Cos dear friends whether you like it or not, one thing thats for damn sure is we are all going to DIE, yep DIE, and the only thing you leave behind other than all the millions you amassed is the impression you left on those around you...
It’s funny how when I started writing this I had absolutely no idea what I was going to write about yet a page and a half later I hope I made some sense...
I say this all the time and it may seem so put on, but if you are lucky enough to be alive and reading this, remember that your maker has given you another day to be the best you you can be, for yourself and others. Dont waste it, cos many would love to be in your shoes. Many who have walked through Heavens gates way before their time. Trust you me none of us are immortal. Ok 03.00am i must get me some sleep for my insanely busy day of nothing tomorrow
Birthdays
28th Sept Meglic, Mohi
30th Brett
1st Oct Herman
2nd Linda
3rd Monkfish
9th KC
Good night world! Maximum respect in all sincerity. Give a damn about the world around you...
Y
Friday, October 09, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Whose morality is it anyway?
The world and people have become even more fascinating for an inquisitive soul like mine. Let's start with a simple question that most...
-
The world and people have become even more fascinating for an inquisitive soul like mine. Let's start with a simple question that most...
-
So he is a little story to tell. But to begin I need to provide a little context. First off, I am a man of faith, I am either physically a...
2 comments:
Yaw this is good man, really made me think...God must be laughing at us ratting away man letting each day pass by...this wek we had some of the best weather here in Jozi man and i was like..what i would give to be out there really living my dream and not be in me cubicle typing away on some more crappy report...yeah the goal is still to be financially free and to get out of the rat race within a year or two, but that does not mean that we should not appreciate the journey and do the things that really matter: friends, family taking a genuine interest in people not because you want anything but because they may have one helluva story to tell...dude you have inspired me "i will live my dream each day and not wait for when i have cracked it!!!"
hey you sexy thing
really liked this post
you're funny!
and wise.
and maybe a little clueless....all the important stuff one needs to be. lol
;)
minx
Post a Comment