Man, you know the more I think about it the more I think the world is being unfair on Tiger Woods (I jumped onto that band wagon a few days ago) then I thought wait, I don’t remember Tiger Woods ever standing in front of me and saying I am a saint. I will never cheat on my wife. I will never do this or that. I am the ultimate role model. The whole world can look at me as a picture of morality. I remember no such thing. If me as a person perceived him to be as such and he ends up not being such a person, well whose problem is that? Not his man. I guess to some extent I understand why some sponsors would want to withdraw their sponsorships, but don’t blame him for anything.
The funnies thing I ever read was the Rev Al Sharpton, blasting Tiger for the lack of diversity in his misteresses, I mean have you ever???!!!
This is an extract from his comments: “Why is it that a man who calls himself black can’t bring himself to cheat on his wife with a black woman?” said Sharpton, speaking to a group of supporters in Harlem. “What does it say to young black girls everywhere when you pass them over? Shame on you, Tiger Woods. What would your daddy say?”
I don’t know anymore, but enough of that
18th December, that’s insane, last year this time I was with Ingo in Miami, had just seen Busta Rhymes got pretty vrot, missed my flight for the first time ever, got my baggage misplaced, missed my connecting transit from DC to NYC, got into a makeshift bus where the driver thought he was Michael Schumacher. My life flashed before my eyes many times. The bus was sliding along the roads like Tonya Harding on an ice rink. But I made it to a bitterly cold New York, hustled and bustled to get to some warmth. I smiled quietly. A few hours got on a plane to head home and said to myself 2009 will be a year to live.
Now I sit here afoot the cloud covered Table Mountain reminiscing of the year gone by and yup on a whole this year has definitely been a memorable one. The value of TRUE friends and family was entrenched. There are few things better than the comfort of knowing that true thick and thin, trials and tribulations, there are certain people who will always come through for you. The other fake artists must be exposed as Julius would say and put where they belong….over there ;). I have fallen I have stood up, laughed…sighed, many an emotion bar love but we will work on it next year ;) even started learning how to swim properly happy days.
It wasn’t by any means a perfect year but it was indeed an adventure for which I have no regrets and nothing I desire to have altered.
And to ME that’s the key about life in general just accepting things that have happened for what they were/are, taking the learnings and moving forward in a positive light with the hope of bettering what was wanting and enhancing what was positive. But then again what do I know, oh wait I know that that frame of mind and also helping others in your little way has helped me in my almost 34 years on Gods good earth.
Anyway here’s wishing you all the blessings that 2010 has instore for you. May it be the year you make it once again. Whatever you want is out there foro you but its up to you to make it happen!!
Birthdays
12th Bary
13th Si, Clauds, To, Dom
14th Lolly
15th Gamaliel
16th Stud Nana
17th Tshepiso
18th Renier
20th Thembi Mbengashe, Carla
21st Stephanie Deutschmann
22nd Sasha
23rd Mia
28th Mbumbs/Victoria
29th Biscuit
30th Thabang Skwambane
And that’s me for this year
Safe travels
Y
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Whose morality is it anyway?
The world and people have become even more fascinating for an inquisitive soul like mine. Let's start with a simple question that most...
-
The world and people have become even more fascinating for an inquisitive soul like mine. Let's start with a simple question that most...
-
So he is a little story to tell. But to begin I need to provide a little context. First off, I am a man of faith, I am either physically a...
No comments:
Post a Comment