7 Golden Rules Of Life
1st
Don't let someone become a priority in your life, when you are just an option in their life.
Relationships work best when they are balanced.
2nd
Never explain yourself to anyone.
Because the person who likes you doesn't need it, and the person who doesn't like you won't believe it.
3rd
When you keep saying you are busy, then you are never free.
When you keep saying you have no time, then you will never have time.
When you keep saying that you will do it tomorrow, then your tomorrow will never come.
4th
When we wake up in the morning, we have two simple choices.
Go back to sleep and dream, or wake up and chase those dreams.
Choice is yours.
5th
We make them cry who care for us.
We cry for those who never care for us.
And we care for those who will never cry for us.
This is the truth of life, it's strange but true. Once you realize this, it's never too late to change.
6th
Don't make promise when you are in joy.
Don't reply when you are sad.
Don't take decision when you are angry.
Think twice, act twice.
7th
Time is like river. You can't touch the same water twice, because the flow that has passed will never pass again.
Do it Now !
I received this a few days ago and it was rather enlightening (to me) and it would be amiss of me not to spread my enlightening experience with you all.
The last few weeks haven’t been too eventful man, no real massive news worth discussing or wasting brain space over, well up until yesterday. Not one but 2 headlines got me thinking, what goes through peoples minds? Is it a power thing or just plain stupidity?
First thing big headlines on the cover of The Star newspaper, World Cup Terror plot, or something like that. And its basically about a thought that was bandied around Al Qaeda to bomb Soccer City.
Yes, it’s a terrorism threat etc etc, but you tell me ne, what good it will do, or the thinking behind, planning to bomb a soccer team…IN SOMEONE ELSES country??
What message does that send out? I mean whatever you are trying to prove it wont be proved. All it will prove is that you are a bunch of renegade thugs. Islam teaches that you shouldn’t illustrate the Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him. Christianity says that there is God in three persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost. Hindus hold cows sacred. Right, so some artist from my country decides to make this illustration, another decides there is only one God and the son and the Holy Spirit don’t matter and another takes a cow and puts a knife to its throat for food and/or for profit? Can any person or group wage war on the whoooooole forkin nation that this person hails from? And attack its soccer team, a recreational side, in South Africa, a very neutral country, where they are here to give loads of people joy, not here to promote any religion or belief but express their version of this beautiful game called Soccer. Somebody, please help me because I am a stupid! I just don’t get it. I have respect for all and their religions, but your rules don’t apply to me neither should I expect mine to apply to you. As long as I don’t encroach on your civil rights which really seems to be the basis of most religions/ cultures, don’t steal, kill, rape blah blah, then y cant we all just get along?
Somebody please give me a different view on this.
The next thing that got my mind debating…with itself, special skill us middle children have…was this headline I read…”Kill the Boer to go to court” basically what it says is that the ANC is going to court because in their opinion the judge deeming the song unconstitutional is incorrect as it “imposed an absolute prohibition” on the words, “irrespective of time, place, manner and context”.
Logically it’s a sound case because I could be playing touch rugby with an Afrikaans dude ne, a friend ne, and he screws up a pass, and I say shit okes kill that boer, I could be taken to task for that….apparently and that just aint right now is it? But that aside…I am more concerned about the context of the appeal. If its to say the term in itself shouldn’t be outlawed but the song or any variations of it uttered by public figures in a public gathering should be deemed unconstitutional. But then I sit back and thing. Dude why would you as a public figure want to make such utterances anyway. What does it profit you? In all honesty if the FF+ youth league member had to sing out, die swarties is mos dom, skiet die ka**irs it would be such a no no? so the difference is what exactly.
I don’t understand, but then again you guys are sensible folk, so I guess this is tantamount to preaching to the choir… so I will stop now and bid thee all fond adieu till next we e-meet!
Birthdays
16th Cousin Frank, Ham
17th Fiona Zinqi
19th Vimal
20th Daniel
21st Iza and Hornay
22nd Sivan, Harps, Neo
and that’s me, remember, if you are reading this you have been blessed with an opportuinity to change, the world, your world or nothing but at least u have the opportunity
Next week then
Y
Aluta continua!!
Thursday, May 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Whose morality is it anyway?
The world and people have become even more fascinating for an inquisitive soul like mine. Let's start with a simple question that most...
-
The world and people have become even more fascinating for an inquisitive soul like mine. Let's start with a simple question that most...
-
So he is a little story to tell. But to begin I need to provide a little context. First off, I am a man of faith, I am either physically a...
1 comment:
The Peprahs, i must differ with you on one thing my brother, say the Catholic church says "that there is God in three persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost". Its certainly not Christianity, cos my bible says: Mark 12:29
And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
and it also says :Ephesians 4:5
One Lord, one faith, one baptism. There are many other scriptures i could refer you to. i believe the bible is the only authentic source of Christian doctrine, anything else is church doctrine, not necessarily Christian.
But, i promise i wont come bomb your house because of the that!
Shalom Aleichem!
Post a Comment