Friday, March 05, 2010

Nah man last weekend I was a rock star thanks to you all for your calls sms’ facebook messages, I guess I don’t have to die to know that people think I am ok ☺ yeah man. Very humbling I tell ya

But anyway what to talk about today? Well I don’t want to be a doomsayer or anything but is it me or is the earth getting a little angry with us? I am thinking in the last 5 years the occurrence of natural disasters that are shaking the world yeah? I think of 26th December 2004, Tsunami in Thailand and some other countries. 2005 Hurricane Katrina, I did some research, in 2005 for example there were 11 hurricanes and tropical storms, 48 floods, 12 earthquakes, since then the list has grown progressively longer, throwing in a swine flu outbreak here, a bird flu outbreak there. This year 3 months old and we have had a monster of an earthquake in Haiti another in Chile floods in Madeira, to name but a few. I do believe that the earths crust is definitely shifting but ey I aint no geologist, but I’d like to hear your take on this.

Anyway absolutely nothing we can do about it because what will be will be man. Then there is this bug bear that I have and forgive me if I have mentioned it before. So we all know that its less than 100days before we host sports biggest spectacle here in SA, but some idiots are seeing it as a way to make a quick buck right now. Very short sighted I think. June/July are generally plum in the middle of the off season here. We have been fortunate enough to have the opportunity to host an event such as this which should bring huge numbers of tourists here, so what do business owners do? They say wait this is a chance for me to charge 300 times what my normal rates are, exaggeration on my part but I think you get what I mean.

I guess you guys are with me on this, but even if they charged normal season rates plus 10/15% wouldn’t that have gone a whole lot further in guaranteeing them future business. Because what we have done now is priced ourselves on par with European countries and there is no real benefit for tourists to come here. We have lost our selling point. Beautiful place at an affordable price, if you have Euros, Dollars or Pounds, but nooo lets rape them cos we don’t want them to come back and spend more money with us….pretty dof I tell ya!! But what do I know…

Last week I touch on a Zimbo who is a qualified guy living here in SA, well there are some who haven’t been fortunate enough to have that kind of opportunity here is some a story about the forgotten children of Zim http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00r5ww9

I don’t have much to say this week to be honest, so let me not waffle. Just thought that


Birthdays
28th Patrick, Tumi, Lucie, Brett, Leah
1st Sophie, Tshepo, Phillipe,
2nd Yalusa, Oliver,
3rd John R, Duncan McD,Al
4th Kakra and Panyin, Laura M, Tebogo S, Zubeida
5th Will M-S
6th Ghanas independence day

That’s me for this week, have a ripper weekend.

Y

No comments:

Whose morality is it anyway?

  The world and people have become even more fascinating for an inquisitive soul like mine. Let's start with a simple question that most...