Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Listening to Michael Buble’s song I just haven’t met you yet, what a song??!!

I said waszup my people, man what a day to be alive ey? So whats so special about this day you might ask, well lets see, I woke up early this morning, nice comfy bed at the folks, my bro came to drop off something, got a fone call from my mate about a potential road trip, took a nice warm shower, moms made some yummy breakie as she tends to do, pops dropped me off at the airport where I am waiting to catch a flight in 3 hrs time to CT. How many people can say that? Yup maybe all of you I am sure, but we are so faaaar in the minority, so when situations and this movie set we call life becomes rather taxing remember the simple things, the things that matter and hopefully it will help provide a bit more perspective…

So the last few days this is what I have been hearing on the news, no not stories about Julius Malema, will get to that either later or another time…no man stories about Bafana Bafana, South Africa’s soccer team’s training facilities not being ready and the team requiring new facilities. Now for the life of me…IS THAT NEWS??? Firstly did any of us really know where they were going to set up camp in the first place…eeeeh not!!! Now that its not ready its big news. R16mil blah blah.

OK so they need R16m or so to renovate this Esselen School of Excellence, well poifect I guess, part of the legacy of the 2010 World Cup, but as luck would have it people didn’t know that we had a world cup to host from about 2004, I think they just realized last week that we were hosting the world cup in 2010 and a few months is mooooore than enough time to upgrade facilities to a standard acceptable for a team competing in the World Cup, lets put aside the fact that it’s the host nation. So point no one is incompetence!

Next point which is a simple one for me is why am I being bored with all of it , CONTINUOUSLY? Guess you guys are asking why I am boring you all with this well, it has just really occurred to me why, and that is this whole issue of incompetence and complacency.

I am finding that more and more being mediocre and substandard is ok. People its not ok. No one is responsible for their actions or in this case inaction anymore. And people it’s a cancer that will eat away at us and destroy us. What happened to the days when being sorry was real and you were truly really sorry, now I say sorry with as much meaning as I say because, and that my dear friends is not on. I listened to Tiger Woods’ apology what a waste of time. The most choreographed piece of media abuse ever known to man. If I watched 10 min of it I did well, cos I really wanted to vomit! Nobody cares anymore and worse still nobody makes people care.

We get married, and promise before God and Man these words: "I, ________, take thee ______, to be my wife/husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better – for WORSE, for richer – for poorer, in SICKNESS and in health, to love and to cherish, TILL DEATH US DO PART, and thereto I pledge thee my FAITH." We argue about the colour of the paint for the house, and it’s a divorce, or worse still we go for a little out of town gig with the company or with the boys, there comes a pretty young thing into our sights and vows, what are those??!! Our mates condone and sometimes even encourage such behavior.

Someone comes into my house, breaks in and take things that I worked pretty hard to afford, ok I worked for, if I am lucky they wont kill me, and that’s ok we accept it as the norm our answer is shoo at least they didn’t kill you.

We have politicians who use their influence to enrich themselves, not just here, look at what happened in America with Haliburton? We have big corporates who get big wigs with political affiliations to sit on our boards so that we can further our business interests. These self same corporate so and so’s will be the ones who shout the loudest about corruption when a political figure has been seen to be living their kind of life ☺

But wait there’s more there are normal people like you and I who knowingly break the law repeatedly, we drink and drive, overspeed, speak on the cell phones whilst driving. These laws are there for a reason. Let me paint a picture, you are hammered or distracted on your phone, run a red light or don’t see that kid crossing the street, booom, kid is dead, driver of the other car is expired. Now tell me how much better are we than those who break into our houses to rob and steal. Do I hear you saying intention?? You explain intention to a mother who lost her child or a husband who lost her wife or child who lost its parent…I think I make the illustration.

We give our word and we renege on it, sometimes we apologise other times we just ignore it, why because we can and who’s going to do what anyway huh?

I want to get ahead irrespective of who I screw over on my way to the top. Some say that’s the differentiator between a winner and in my mind if that’s what it takes to be a winner, well position 2 suits me just fine, but I have to keep on reminding myself that though, cos it’s a dog eat dog world out there and its sooo easy to get caught up in the flashing lights. So easy.

Now my dear people, I am no patron saint I tell u, not by any stretch of the imagination but we need to start being accountable, thoughtful and helpful. The older one gets the more some of realize that the flashing lights are great and all but life is more than that. Because at the end of the day DEATH comes for us all. It does and you know I was having a conversation with my brother a few days ago and he said something to me he heard at church. When we die on our tombstones will be your name, father, brother whatever, 1976 – 20whenever, the only part we have control of or can decide what to do with is the dash part. The others are all beyond our control. So before we criticize others around us, what are we doing in our own lives?? Are we holding people accountable, you cant turn a blind eye! Its not OK.

Birthdays
22nd Vix, Kimmy, Susan, Lindsay
24th Paddy, Kirst
25th Seempie, Abby
26th Sarah, Lethlogonolo, Thembs, Meeeee ☺
27th Zuraida,
28th Tumi, Lucie, Brett

Woow, I look at this list and I think I may have a thing for Piscean women ;). Oh yes Vixxy what a ripper weekend with the whole crew in Clarens, people if you haven’t been to Clarens, best you do yourself a favour and head out there

On that note that’s me over for another week, remember if you are reading this, you mos alive ne? so if you are alive you can make a difference ne??


Respect

Y

No comments:

Whose morality is it anyway?

  The world and people have become even more fascinating for an inquisitive soul like mine. Let's start with a simple question that most...