Dry skin, polluted air, aggressive drivers, warm winter days, diverse population, driven people, aah Jozi, yep home sweet home! But man what a country we live in. Took a cruise along the N1 form Cape Town, stupidly I might add, because its looooooonger going back than it is going there (psychologically ofcourse), but as I was saying what a country, just watching the sun rise over the picturesque Worcester mountains, watched the sun set over the fields in the Free State, cows standing motionless in the fields. Even the Karoo has its own beauty and the roads, nah we’ve got a good thing going on here. Lets get back to the cows for a second, how dof do they look, their whole day in a field just standing there eating grass and staring into nothingness for the whoooole day?? How random an existence ey? But then again they might be thinking humans always moving up and down fast and slow but always running around, where are they going, they should stop and smell the roses, cos after all this they end up dead like us…sorry when you drive for 14 hrs or so u have loads of time to think about random things ☺
Moving along, you know I always try and impress upon myself and others that nothing in the world happens in isolation, Newtons law of motion (for every action there is an opposite and equal reaction) holds true in all facets of life. We are living such a truth right now. Let me try and provide a clear illustration which we in South Africa are living at the moment. For many years the old school segregated us and put in place a system where there was an ‘importance tiering’ of the countries people. Whites were better than Indians who were better than coloured who were all better than blacks. It’s a living truth which is still evident to this day. Following onto this the education system followed suit. So called white schools were better educated than Indians, then coloureds and then bantu education for the natives.
Right. But we know all this so whats your point Yaw?
Ok so now we have a situation where particularly the old school whites, Afrikaners, feel they are under threat in the country, from where I sit I think we should all be a little weary, but I don’t think the situation is that grave at all but still needs to be noted. Anyway so we have a situation where there is this young man right who seems to be commanding the stage at the moment, he seems to be wielding some power and he seems to be dictating terms as to who or what will be happening to who or what. We all say sheesh listen to this ‘fool’ etc etc, but why is he a fool etc etc? We have municipal workers striking at the drop of a hat vandalizing property and causing mayhem, what they don’t realize is that the amount of money they lose whilst striking may not cover whatever increase they actually do end up getting because it’s a no work no pay policy.
So how why is Julius and these municipal workers operating in a manner that we, who were fortunate enough and hugely privileged to be educated, consider foolish and idiotic? Well lets see. I know what I know to be right and wrong thanks to my upbringing and also education, but lets look at people like Ju ju for example, what kind of education was he offered? Well one that would result in him being no more than a gardener or a cleaner of sorts. Well you got your wish his education was just that effective, what wasn’t factored in was the fact that that perhaps the day would come when Juju was the president of a party whose parent runs the country. How he got to where he is now, matters not, reality is it is what it is.
Now we are so reaping what we sow.
Isnt it funny just how life seems to work itself out ey? We always float around doing what we feel saying what we feel, never once thinking the chickens will come home to roost, well cock-a-doodle dooo!!
56 days till the world descends upon South Africa. Looking so forward to proving the doomsayers wrong. It will be a great event, if not we learn and move on right? But if it isn’t, well I still got the Gautrain, bus rapid transport, styling airports and wider and better roads, cant win them all can we??
Outta here
Birthdays (if I missed yours, well that’s cos I don’t have it)
13th Debbie, Jonty,
15th Zuko
17th Louise
And that’s me for another week, and remember IT WILL COME BACK TO YOU!!
Have a great weekend
Y
Thursday, April 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Whose morality is it anyway?
The world and people have become even more fascinating for an inquisitive soul like mine. Let's start with a simple question that most...
-
The world and people have become even more fascinating for an inquisitive soul like mine. Let's start with a simple question that most...
-
So he is a little story to tell. But to begin I need to provide a little context. First off, I am a man of faith, I am either physically a...
No comments:
Post a Comment