“What the world needs now is love, sweet love, It's the only thing that there's just too little of, What the world needs now is love, sweet love, No not just for some but for everyone…”
Such an apt song for where the world is particularly where we as South Africans are nowadays.
Anyway watched a movie called The Green Zone, very interesting it was, but what is so clear is that the whole world seems to know for a fact that America (and its allies) lied about WMD in Iraq, or the lack there of) knowing full well that this was an exaggeration of the truth. Sent peoples kids to go and fight a war under false pretences. Innocent civilians awoken to the sound of mortars and gun shots. Many killed, displaced. The saddest thing is that the whole world knows of this blatant disregard for protocol and any country’s right to govern itself. The US led invasion of Iraq was no less unjust as the Iraqi led invasion of Kuwait which lead to Dessert Storm, Iraq got bombed Saddam was the enemy, but what happened to the US and its allies, nothing, George Bush and crew are sitting nice and comfy retired on their farms. The ordinary people of Iraq cant go to the market without the real risk that it could be the last trip they take to the market?? And where are George Bush and Tony Blair, parking off nice and cosy living La Doce Vita, nah man.
Anyway so on Sunday I wake up yeah. Day started off pretty well. Easter Sunday off to church got home, lying on the couch u know whiling out then a ‘friend’ ;) sent me a message to go onto e-news and I did. And there it was…Eugene Terre’Blanche murdered. I shook my head. There was a press conference with the minister of safety and security and the police commissioner. And in so much as they couldn’t really answer a lot of the questions regarding the case, still being under investigation and all. I think much needs to be done regarding the safety and security of the people of this country. I say this in all earnestness. A few weeks ago 2 very good mates were held up in their home. They were followed home overpowered the security guard. Asked my one mate to go inside with them, they took his car, laptop, suits, money u name it. Now u tell me ne, why do I work hard to make money, pay taxes, buy all these gadgets when some fool, some forked up fool can sommer just waltz into my house at gun point and just take it and dissapear like a fart in the wind…after some time. Man that shaite anit right. Here we are saying guys at least they didn’t kill you. Which is true, but man, that’s some forked up pooh! Bra if you want what I got go work damnit!! Yes yes yes, imbalances of the past and it will take time to sort out I so fully understand and empathise, but if no one puts in a clear plan of how to address this situation I see the gyre widening. My folks are pretty old yeah and they still go out there to try and make a difference, and ofcourse still make a living and maintain some sanity, think my mother would go dilly if she had to stop working, well if she didn’t we’d definitely go bonkers ;) anyway whilst they are away our house is desolate. They have been burgled fork knows how many times, but my old man like a true African stubborn as all hell, its ok they don’t take much, we are insured blah blah. But last week they came at night, now there is where the jokes and laughter ends, cos you have know idea what they could do next.
Ok so now to this weeks email. Mr Terre’Blanches slaying. All I could think was oh oh Chris Hani again. We were on a knifes edge back then and there weren’t any inflammatory songs being sung to incite the violence or at least provide an excuse for someone looking for one, oh no at that time we were a nation in building with all parties striving hard to make it a better place for all. Now it seems like the powers that be don’t give a flying hoot. Now I am not saying that this is the case, but perception is strong.
I didn’t like the guy much, but what happened to him is utter nonsense, and I am finding it difficult to see the link to a wage dispute as the investigators are alleging. Doesn’t make sense, u pay me kak I leave its that simple no. U abuse me or my family or something more, then the case gets stronger…but that’s just me. I think it was another typical violent crime that is soo prevalent in this here society we live in. Now we inflame it by having a maverick chanting such outdated songs like kill the boer. Now to the uneducated which unfortunately is a large sum in this country it can be taken very literally, and even if its not someone oh someone tell me what good it does in this day and age?? Please, someone, help me am I blind? Am I stupid? What good on Gods green earth will chanting such a random song as well as umshiniwami or de laray what good does it do?!! Undazi mina (me I understand not). Anyway so this man has mouthed off this song. He got told its not right and constitutional to mouth off such rhetoric, yet mr above the law continues in his ways unrestrained. Now lets see right if I am a father, right and we are at a shop right and my kid says to a stranger, you are a stupid mofo. Right now if I say nothing it implies to the kid its cool carry on boss, I approve, but if he catches a p**s klap right and I reprimand him in public and apologise it says to the offended person my bad, he shouldn’t have I don’t condone such behaviour and it will not happen again, because if it does there will be hell to pay, the kid knows that ey ey ey man this aint on don’t do it again else there will be consequences and repercussions! All parties slightly wounded but steps to rectify it and prevent it have been put in place.
Now let me start off by saying this. NOT all Afrikaans people are right wing AWB members, just like not all black people are Julius followers and I believe that there will be a little wave as a result of this murder but it may not amount to much in terms of further racial polarization of this country. But I really think we as a nation need to move on. We have to find something else man. Last weekend I am home right next thing I hear my neighbours having a misunderstanding. One of them shouts something like, because you are white you think you are right, why don’t you go and live with your whites in their areas, I am going to kill you…all respect for that said neighbour is now where?? LOST. I don’t know the nature of the convo, but I am sure it was because he was making a noise. But irrespective, you start or include race in an argument where its not warranted then all credibility is lost. If you fell asleep on the job and the boss says you are fired, an argument starting with is it because I am black wont really hold much hope! If I said you are fired because you are a stinky, stupid curly haired black different story… We have to move on!!
Now to make matters worse, I am reading that Julius is in Zim and is allegedly saying that there will be a Zim style land take over here in SA. Hmm have you seen what happened in Zim. I am not sure if you remember a few months ago South Africans were killing a whole lot of Zimbabweans amongst other people, because they were living in SA, not because they hate the colour of the evening sunsets in their country, no fool, because they cant afford to feed themselves or their familia. Who in their right minds would leave a life as a doctor to become a freaking car guard…if they weren’t hooked on tik or have a chemical imbalance? Next thing we will be hearing genocide in Lesotho or Botswana, South Africans fleeing the strife in their country are taking jobs from sotho or tswana nationals…and trust me that’s not too far from a reality I remember it was only in 1996 when my friend Eddie used to mock us, because their country was in a much better situation economically than we were. 14 years man is not a long time. Owning land isn’t the end of it all. Boss how many farms were taken over, how many of them are actually producing anything at the moment? Owning land is one thing, knowing how to add to the economy that’s what being a farmer is all about and people when you get a farm there is no instruction manual that says plant here, water then, harvest this way and sell there, no bru, no!!! We don’t even have to go as far as Zim, right here under our own noses. On the second of March 2010, the minister of rural development and land affairs said that 90% of the redistributed farms are unproductive now you want to give more to people who have no clue?!! I am all for land back to its owners, but sheeeet man give it to people that wont make the nation go hungry.
Nationalising of mines. You think mining is a joke? You just sommer take a pick axe and off u go and out comes yellow metal that will make you colourfull??! Its expensive bra, if you ehh don’t have credibility the banks will not give you the money, eish then it’s a problem ne, and then if you don’t have the money then you cant fulfil the orders ne, then your buyers they go to Australia and then we don’t get any of the money ne. Then we can’t build roads, airports stadiums, cant even borrow because our ratings will go out the door, no revenue for tourism.
Now I’m just a simple soul, but even I can see some of these potential pitfalls with allowing people to mouth off at will. Yes fair enough he isn’t the president but many of his prophecies have come true…
I love me Afrikaans people, I love me all peoples, slumos, negros, jewish, charos ☺ (that was for you silly people out there!), u name it! What I cant stand are IDIOTS and RACISTS!!
Lets move on man, lets move on. It will be sad for us to spoil a good thing cos this can be a good thing, we have our flaws but they aren’t insurmountable, provided we all have a common goal. Love man, love, tolerance, respect!
Birthdays
4th Asha, Nini
5th Cousin Yaw, Kirst
6th Jen Sale
8th Lisa Nzama
9th Gontse
10th Tania, Kojo, Sunshine
And that’s a wrap people, and let me reiterate, this life on this earth…its waaay too short to worry about who you are because of what you have instead of who your soul says you are…cos in the end when you go, all you have stays here!
Week over…almost! Beeg love and maximum respect to all!
Y
Wednesday, April 07, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Whose morality is it anyway?
The world and people have become even more fascinating for an inquisitive soul like mine. Let's start with a simple question that most...
-
The world and people have become even more fascinating for an inquisitive soul like mine. Let's start with a simple question that most...
-
So he is a little story to tell. But to begin I need to provide a little context. First off, I am a man of faith, I am either physically a...
No comments:
Post a Comment