Woke up early this morning, looked out the window, blue skies, saw the dude mowing the bowling green just outside, nice brisk breeze, another fine day to be alive isn’t it? Amen.
Yo wait before I go on Munier Sydow (look him up on FB ☺), if ever there was an meneer, eligible bachelor, its me but you are a very close second, I joke, ladies if u keen, he wont be on the shelf much longer esse, u’ll miss out….happy bday for the 14th Jan, My man Zarif, 31st December happy birthday cous, ah sorry about this ladies but this one got snapped up. Sorry I missed it gents
What’s going on good people? You don’t call, you don’t write, you don’t even send pigeons, I mean really. Wait let me tell you what’s going on ne, I was thinking the other day nah man this cant be, shaiza I am starting to feel like Chuck from the movie Good luck Chuck. Have you seen it? Well it’s a movie about this dude who starts to notice that any lass he gets with ends up in a relationship or hitched soon after he and this lass end. Yip that’s me, but the difference here is we don’t necessarily have to get together, all that’s required is me liking you and BOOOM u married, engaged or in some or other relationship, so if you are struggling holler at a brother….gonna charge tho damnit ☺!! Congrats to you tho, and you all know who u all is, well pleased for you!
Which leads me plum to a topic I have been discussing at lengthy with a few of my mates, and also read in one of the books I am currently reading, and that is the story of diamonds. I don’t get it. If the time comes for me to find a rock I will cos my momma didn’t raise no fool? But I’d be lying…blatantly if I told you that I got it!!
I am no jeweler but my understanding of the rock is that its coal that has been morphed by heat and time. Yes it’s the hardest of all natural materials and it shines etc, but I don’t get it! A few decades ago the word was losing interest in diamonds and thy were about to disappear and then De Beers along with some high class advertising company came up with the slogan “Diamonds are forever” and kazaam here they still are in full force. Now somebody anybody phuleeeease tell me their value. Yeah I know you can use them for cutting, refracting light and enhancing the sound in some speakers but I mean really. I know what you are thinking… and gold? What’s its use, but you’d be surprised, like I was. Gold has a good few use, its very good substitute for teeth, very popular in the Indian capital, Durban as well as in the Hip Hop world ☺, jewelry, currency, electronics, computing, glass making, giving it to Usain Bolt because he came first, aerospace and even in the medical realms. Aparently its good for the treatment of some arthritis and some forms of cancer too.
So anyway last year I was chatting to this lass and we were talking about rings and stuff she thought I was joking…as usual but anyway. So we spoke about a 3-carat stone. I did some research. A 3 carat, marquise shaped, D colour, 1F rock would set me back R1.3mil now tell me am I smoking Tik? I mean a couple of hundred more and that’s an Audi R8 right there, better still an unborn childs first few years school fees ☺. a 1.5, F colour, mid-range clarity will set you back R140k that’s a deposit on a house.
Ey, now don’t get it twisted, I will do what I have to do (like paying insurance ;)), if and when I have to do it but man I just don’t get it and I sure hope that someone can show me the light because everyone I have spoken to doesn’t seem to get it either…
A gemstone fair enough, but some person put a value to it, people die or worse still get massacred. Wars started, people displaced, limbs amputated, kids brought into and up in war, why? So some wealthy person can show their love and appreciation for another through the purchase of this stone? Because these people that die for these stones or kill for them will never really get its true ‘value’ I mean they get what arms or like say $100 maybe more, and its sold for plenty times that…someone enlighten me please
Anyway just some thoughts in my head, reignited by this book I am reading the Winner stands alone by Paulo Coelho, speaking of which I must go back and finish it. So you all enjoy your phuza Thursday and your weekend, hope I see you at the Met if you are in Cape Town.
Birthdays
25th Anna Schutz
27th Ingo, Tania
28th Belinda, Stilwell, Sarge
29th Lyndal
30th William Marais
And that’s a wrap folks…
Thursday, January 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Whose morality is it anyway?
The world and people have become even more fascinating for an inquisitive soul like mine. Let's start with a simple question that most...
-
The world and people have become even more fascinating for an inquisitive soul like mine. Let's start with a simple question that most...
-
So he is a little story to tell. But to begin I need to provide a little context. First off, I am a man of faith, I am either physically a...
2 comments:
Yawza..I sure hope Mervyn doesn't read this blog. I want that rock on my finger sparkling and shining like the love we have for each other to last forever..and appreciate over time just like a diamond!
enjoy the met..
Hugs
Anokes
So Yaw has a blog too...
...nice dude. Hope you're well?
Post a Comment