Number one hustler gettin' honeys, Why you wanna count my wifeys?
I'm a hustler and don't need them One of y'all, you see, I'm so laid…
That ladies and gentlemen is the JZ remix. Really whats up with that? Lets just hope it is just allegations and nothing more. You have just come out of a scandal married 2 wives inbetween and now you have a baby with one of your close friends’ daughters…ai ai ai The man needs to join Tiger in rehab and he cant say no no no!
And then there is the captain of my soccer team, Chelsea…I shake my head…
The wives I have no issue with culture is culture man, cos to be honest if I think about it Monogamy is largely a Western European principle which gained worldwide acceptance as the ‘norm’ over the years. Some might argue its from Christianity, but I would beg to differ. Many of the Bibles founding patriarchs were quite openly polygamous.
Anyway so I did some reading and found this out. Monogamy was instituted by the Romans in order to protect their possessions. So anyway how it started was like this. In the early years AD, Christians were persecuted plenty by the then dominant Roman Empire. They tried to kill off all Christians, but because the religion was spreading so quickly they had to shift to plan B, which was to embrace it and use it to further their own objectives. 4th Century, enter Emperor Constantine the Great, first Pope and also the birth of the Roman Catholic church.
At this time it was still alright for priests and other church people to have more than one wife provided the man took care of his all his wives, Romans apparently on the other hand were very monogamous in marriage but polygamous in fornication. Then it dawned on them wait, all the money and the land of the Roman Empire is largely in the possession of the Church and those who represent it, so if we allow them to have many wives and resultant offspring, the churchs property would be carved off to these wives and kids as inheritances and these people may not necessarily be church folk…hmm problem…BINGO….solution right all church people no more wives, if you are married divorce. All your kids…illegitimate. Done
So now that it has been discussed that monogamy does not have a Biblical birth, but a Roman birth, why then is it so prevalent and seen as the norm? I got a quote form a guy called Dr. Nathaniel Branden, a so called authority on the subject of romantic love wrote a book called Taking responsibility and he defines it quite well in this book as follows: "Romantic love means finding a soul mate – someone whose values and sense of life mirror our own. We feel a drive to organize our life around this person and no one else. If someone says, ‘I love you’ in a romantic context, this what they are understood to be saying."
Deep hey? I haven’t read the book but I got a quote from this article I was reading and it makes sense. We as humans want to ‘own’ the object of our affection not so? It’s a selfish and possessive nature within us. My world revolves around you and yours around me awwww sigh happiness. Your love is for me only not for me, nomsa, michelle, mary, just me…heaven!!
What monogamy and this practice called asceticism (the practice of celibacy to achieve holiness) does do is helps breed a more ‘morally correct’ society no? it tries to stop the spread of diseases for one, controls the world population…somewhat and I guess it also does teach us commitment and the consequences of betrayal it promotes a world where a wo/man’s word is worth more than the spit with which it is uttered!
Anyway my 2 cents would love to hear yours…
Birthdays
31st Refiloe Ramogase
1st Feb Kirst, Nezaam, Leila Khan
02 - Ari Levitan, Cameron, Raphael, Zaahid Ismaiel
03 - Kgomotso
04 - Sameena Khan
And that’s me this week, yall take care now
Friday, February 05, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Whose morality is it anyway?
The world and people have become even more fascinating for an inquisitive soul like mine. Let's start with a simple question that most...
-
The world and people have become even more fascinating for an inquisitive soul like mine. Let's start with a simple question that most...
-
So he is a little story to tell. But to begin I need to provide a little context. First off, I am a man of faith, I am either physically a...
No comments:
Post a Comment